Durandal

(Conference room)

Everyone was gathered in the conference room getting debriefed by ryouko and genjuurou. Y/n, kanade and hibiki were sitting in the front row, listening carefully at what was told.

Ryouko: after analyzing the appearances of the noise around our base, the government has concluded that there goal is to seize the durandal.

Behind ryouko appeared an image of durandal on screen, contained in a glass like tube. Then Y/n raised his hand wanting to ask something.

Ryouko: yes Y/n what do you want to ask?

Y/n stood up.

Y/n: durandal. Isn't that the legendary sword used by roland? A knight in service of the brune empire and later deserted to the side of Tigrevurmud Vorn and his silver meteor army?

Everyone looked weird at Y/n.

Ryouko: the knight is called roland. but where did you got the rest of your story, that never happened.

Y/n thought for a second.

Y/n: ah! Sorry my bad wrong dimension.

Y/n sat back down blushing thinking about what he said.

Kanade: *whisper* what were you talking about?

Y/n: nothing, just some crazy talk.

Ryouko: ahem… where were we. Durandal. It lies within sacristy D, which is kept locked up on th lowest level of the facility: code name abyss.

Hibiki: durandal….

Ryouko: it's one of the few complete relics. The EU handed it over to japan for safekeeping, on the condition that Japan writes off some of Europe's defaulted loans should the EU economy collapse.

Employee: and where would they have us transfer it to, there is no safer place than here.

Genjuurou: there is a special vault for relics deep under parliament, which is often called simply "the ruins of memory". They feel it's safer there. Since we are just government employees, we have no way of refusing an order from higher up the food chain.

Ryouko: durandal is scheduled for shipment Tomorrow at 0500. The particulars are on the chip here.

(Time skip)

Y/n and the girls were back at the command center looking at a big screen at what ryouko was doing from behind a computer. The screen showed a image of a robotic device getting the durandal.

Hibiki: is that the abyss?

Ryouko: it's three times as deep as the Tokyo sky tower is high.

Y/n: that would mean it's around.. no at least 1800 in the ground.

Ryouko: you'd better go home and get some sleep. It will be a stressful day tomorrow.

Y/n/ kanade/ hibiki: got it.