Adore You

"Here we go again," I thought to myself as I paced back and forth in my room waiting for the yelling to start. I was a twenty-four-year-old woman who still lived at home, just looking for an escape. Small town life. Everything was very old fashioned. You usually lived at home until you were married and for most cases in this town, even after that. I was honestly just waiting for someone to sweep me off my feet and take me out of here, but I wasn't sure if that would even happen at this point. Most of my life was spent locked away in my room. If I wasn't working I was in my room. I couldn't handle my family. I loved them. For sure I loved them, but they were too much for me sometimes. A lot of the time my family was made up of fights and you knew when one was about to start because there was always the initial yell.

     "Yeah. Yeah, well I don't think I have to fucking tell you anything! It's my life and if you really want to go there, I'll just leave," I heard the man I called my dad yell from the living room. This was what most fights were about. My mother was usually up in everyone's grill. Yes, you might just say that comes with the "being a mother" territory but she brought it to another level. She made being in everyone's business an art form. Honestly, locking myself in my room didn't even make me safe. I can't even be on the phone in my room without her coming to see who I'm talking to. Half the time I feel like I'm going crazy and don't know what to do, but you get used to it.

     My parents continued to fight in the living room as I threw myself on my bed. I scrolled through my phone trying to find something or someone to take my mind off of being stuck here. I didn't have many friends and the ones I was closest to I had never even met in person. I wasn't like the people in this town, and I never would be. I lived in a small farming community and I was the farthest thing from a farmer. I was fully myself and didn't care what others thought about me, well I tried not to at least. I looked to my wall where the Harry Styles picture my niece painted me hung. One of the only people who kept me sane most of the time was my six-year-old niece, Gabby. Gabby was one of the smartest first graders I had ever met. From the time she could show any development we knew she would be way above the normal development level. Gabby was extraordinary and shocked us all when she was tested and approved for GT classes at such a young age.

     There were two things Gabby loved most in the world, Minecraft and Harry Styles. I was skeptical when she came to me one day and asked me to watch what she called the "fish video" with her. I was never a huge fan of Harry, even though I definitely had a One Direction phase when I was younger. (It wasn't my fault I was addicted to British television) I slowly grew out of that phase though and into things, I considered more "adult." So when Gabby asked me to watch it I was nervous. I honestly didn't want to watch it. I didn't want to bring back memories that put me back into other memories, but she begged. So we watched it. It started and Gabby was practically bouncing out of her seat.

     I watched it and was amazed. He definitely wasn't the man I remembered watching on the X-Factor or remembered watching perform with the other guys. Or maybe he was and I always judged him harshly. I wasn't sure. What I did know was if Gabby loved him, I would love him. My whole world really did revolve around making her happy. I continued to stare at the picture on my wall remembering that day as I drifted off to sleep.

     ***

     I awoke to a knock on my door.

     "DJ, are you awake? You have to get ready!" My mother opened the door, as I shot up.

     "I'm up. I'm up. What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Seeing the lights barely shining through my blackout curtains.

     "Nine."

     "It's so bright out. It can't be nine, what time does the sun go down?" Reaching around myself trying to find where I placed my phone.

     "No sis, nine A.M." My mom said, giving me a smirk, "I know you wanted to get to the airport early."

     "Shit. No. I slept through the night! I have so much to do!" I began to panic as the pain from sleeping awkwardly on my bed hit me. Great, today of all days, my back is going to act up.

     "Well I know, that's why I came to wake you up. I came in last night because you were really quiet, and you were already asleep. I figured you had a big day today so I let you sleep, but don't worry I plugged your phone in for you." Okay, my mom could be great sometimes.

     "Well thank you. You are right I do have a big day, and honestly, it may be nothing." I said shaking my doomed disappointment from my head.

     "Just stay positive and it will all work out how it's supposed to." I looked at my mother with a question on my face. I wasn't sure who this woman was but she wasn't my mother. My mother was never this optimistic. If I was being honest she was always a pretty big downer.

     "Your right. I am just going to go and what happens happens, I just want this for Gabs." The only thing Gabby wanted was to meet Harry Styles. I obviously couldn't make that happen but I thought maybe I could get him to acknowledge her existence and today was that day. I had the whole thing planned for months. I
saved up as much money as I could and I was going to follow him on tour as far as I could. The adventure started today with his first US tour date. I was flying into Pennsylvania for his show tonight at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it happen but I had a plan. I had the same outfit planned for every night. I remade Harry's jumpsuit from the Adore You music video. I also made Gabby one too and she practically lived in it.

     On top of the outfit, I also made a poster. It had a picture of Gabby on it, in her outfit and stated, "' Play The FISH SONG'- My 6-year-old Niece" I hoped that would draw in his attention, but I could never be sure. It was honestly a long shot but I had to try, for Gabby.

     "Good girl, now get your butt moving, and I'll take you to the airport."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I know it was short but I just wanted to start with a base for the story. Keep in mind this is a story that technically happens in the future but like it has already happened. I am hoping to have the second chapter up soon.

Book Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2OsnXctpYzEaYqIYHO1BRC?si=oGb1mODJR5S9-4Ep4uF8Qw

...