Unstoppable

I knew when I showed up I would be what every fan called a "local " because I only really knew the one song, but I tried to push all those feelings aside. I knew what I was doing this for. Gabby. That and I knew if I didn't get out of that house and start doing something with my life, no matter how silly, I was going to go crazy.
We pulled up to the airport and I turned to my mom.
"I love you," I said as I reached over the middle to give her a hug.
"I love you too, and please be safe," she said as she patted my back.
"I will. I'll let you know when I land." I quickly got out of the car as an attendant started to motion my mother forward, notifying her this was not a parking zone. I grabbed my bag and headed inside, slightly turning to wave at my mom as she pulled away. I quickly headed inside and headed to check-in.
I wasn't checking any bags, trying to keep my flights as cheap as possible and because for this leg of my journey I would only be gone until Monday, as I wasn't hitting any of the Canada dates. (Even though going out of the country was a huge dream of mine.) The line for check-in wasn't bad but it wasn't what I was worried about. TSA always made me nervous. I made sure I got to the airport early enough but TSA always made me scared I would miss my flight. Luckily for me, it didn't look to bad this morning.

***
I made it to my plane and my nerves grew as I entered the plane and found my seat. Who was I kidding? What made me think Harry Styles of all people would notice me long enough to read my sign and acknowledge Gabby's existence? This was probably the dumbest plan I ever had. It was already too late, it was happening and I couldn't keep putting myself down for it. I needed to pump myself up. There was only one thing I knew of that could pump me up when I was feeling down. Music. I put my headphones in and turned it up. The music pounded into my ears as I felt the plane begin to take off and I drifted off into nothing.

***

I was shifted awake by a hand on my shoulder shaking me.

"Ma'am, I am sorry to wake you but we have arrived. Is this your final destination?"

"What? No." I felt a buzzing in my head and wasn't sure where I was or what was going on. I looked up to the woman standing before me. She was in a blue skirt suit, with a question on her face. Right, I was on a plane, headed to follow Harry Styles on tour. "I mean, yes. Sorry, thank you." I shook my head not sure why I keep talking. I stood from my seat and grabbed my carry on bag. I had never been to Philly so I wasn't too sure what to expect when I exited the plane, but that was what I was most excited for. In my everyday life, every day was the same. I knew what would happen next and where I was going. Right now at this moment, I didn't have a clue.

I began my journey forward into the airport. The terminal was pretty generic. Same old Same old, people everywhere trying to get to their destinations. As I stepped into the main area I noticed a lot of people gathered but that's what people do right? They gather to greet their loved ones. There was also a small gathering of what looked like a bunch of photographers. That was random and weird but it didn't really phase me. Airports were kind of a weird place. It is one of the largest gatherings of people from all walks of life.

After leaving the airport I headed straight for my hotel. I had very little time to get ready and head to the venue. I had GA floor tickets for this show. I felt better because I had an assigned seat but I still wanted to get there as early as possible. I was close to the stage but not super close and I knew people had been in line for hours if not days so I wanted to have as much exposure before the concert as possible. Whether that was going to make a difference or not I didn't know.