Saturday Nights

This is your trigger warning.

(self-harm triggers)

****

     I woke up to the feeling of Harry's lips on my forehead. "Good morning, beautiful." I slowly peeled my eyes open.

     "Good morning," I said stretching up so I could reach his lips with mine.

     "How about some breakfast? I don't even remember the last time you ate," Harry said moving to sit up.

     "I ate a banana yesterday," I said peering up at him. I was doing better at eating in front him, mainly because he didn't take no for an answer when it came to food.

    "Barely. One bite doesn't count. Come on let's go." He threw the blanket off of me and I cringed from the sudden cold hitting my forgotten naked body.

    "Go where?" I whined, pulling the blanket back up and throwing it over my body and head.

     "For breakfast, come on." Harry grabbed the blanket pulling it down just below my head, kissing me on the tip of my nose. "I would much rather stay in bed all day too, but food. Let's go. Chop chop."

     "Grr. Okay fine, but shower first," I said flipping the blankets off of me and slipping out of the bunk.

***

     All I could think about was the feeling of Harry's skin on mine and the way he made me feel loved, but it was hard to keep his face the only face I seen in my head as I remembered the feeling of his fingers on my body. I turned the heat of the water up as high is it could go stepping under making sure I burnt anyone else's face out of my memory. Staying under the water, the heat on my back, until the only person I was seeing, the only one I wanted to see, was Harry.

***

     We were once again on the back of Molly. This time I was feeling better about it. Knowing Harry had me like he always did. After getting out of the shower Harry continued to insist on breakfast until I finally gave in. We rode a few blocks before pulling up to what appeared to be a police station.

     "What is this?" I asked pulling my helmet off.

    "We are going to breakfast, I didn't lie about that, but you need to report what happened yesterday." That was the last thing I wanted to do.

     "Nope," I said shoving the helmet back on my head. "I am not doing that. It isn't a big deal."

     "I knew you would react this way. That is why I didn't tell you we were coming here." Harry moved around the bike and closer to me, taking my helmet in his hands. He pulled up but I grabbed it holding it back down on my head. "DJ, come on. It is a big deal. It wasn't just random. You felt him watching you. He was following you. You need to report this." I didn't want that attention on me. I shook my head the helmet still on. "If not for yourself but for whatever girl he decides to go after next," he said, putting his hands down by his sides, rocking back on his heals. He couldn't see my eyes behind the vizor but from the way he was staring at me I felt like he could. I knew he was right. I knew he could feel my 'no' wavering into a 'you are right'. He brought his hands back up to my helmet and this time I let him remove it. "Come on. I will be with you the whole time." I nodded at him. He took my hand in his as he led me inside the station.

***

     I had never been in a police station in the US but this one looked exactly like what they show in movies. I looked around the pale room as the cop at the desk called for someone to take my official statement. Harry and I were seated in the cold metal chairs that lined the walls. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the people that sat here before me. So many different types of people, so many different stories to tell.