Home

"I always hoped my life would be different but until it happened I didn't know how different.
Today started with the most amazing walk in a location I only dreamed of standing. When I started my journey of self-discovery I didn't know it would lead me to sitting in front of a pond, between the large trees, and staring up at the beautiful sun of Quebec. Looking back on my life leading up to this moment I never thought it would be possible, but when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, right?"

     I continued to write being pulled deeper and deeper into it, not knowing how to stop once I started.

     "Whatcha doing?" His voice came from behind me shooting me, what felt like, ten feet into the air. Harry started to laugh as my heart fought to beat out of my chest.

     "Oh my god, Harry. I didn't hear you come up," I said placing my hand over my heart, taking a few breaths to calm down.

     "I am so sorry. I did not know you would react like that. I woke up and you weren't there, so I came to find you. You should have woken me up." Once I finally calmed down I turned towards Harry.

     "I scare really easily. And no you seemed peaceful, I didn't want to wake you. I thought I would just come out here and write a little."

     "Good, I'm glad. Let me see it?" Harry reached his hand out for my laptop but I pulled it away. "Come on. Please?" He wound his hands together, pulling his shoulders up and head down in a pout.

     "Fine," I said handing him the laptop, I couldn't say no to that face. A smile replaced Harry's pout as he took the computer from me, moving to sit down on the couch. I watched as his eyes moved across the screen reading every word I wrote. I wanted nothing more at that moment than to take the laptop and run but I kept my body planted in my seat, nowhere to go but to keep watching him read.

     "DJ, this," Harry started and stopped, as his eyes continued to float across the screen.

     "What, Harry? What is it?"

     "Shh," he whispered as he reached his hand up placing his finger over his mouth and I slinked back down into my seat. After a few more moments his eyes slowed to a stop. "I don't know what to say." He sat there, doing just that saying nothing. I knew I wasn't a great writer and that was why no one ever saw my work.

     "I know. This is why I didn't want to show you." I reached over to grab my computer off of Harry's lap but he pulled away.

     "No. No. It's amazing. I figured you were a good writer, but this. You have a way with words. Like I would love to believe that I am as great as you make me out to be, but I think you are mistaken on that one." He finally looked over to me, smiling. His words brought ease to my doubting mind.

     "That is probably the one thing I am not wrong about."

     "You should post it."

     "I don't know." I wasn't sure how I felt about it or how I would feel if anyone other than Harry read it. Harry made me feel like it was okay to be myself more than anyone ever has, and I didn't know how I would feel to have other's eyes on my words about us and my life.

     "Well I do know," Harry said as he hit something on the keyboard.

     "What did you just do?" I asked, quickly snatching the computer from his hands. I stared in shock at the screen. My words posted for the world to see. I tried not to scream. I was trying not to be as dramatic as I knew I was. "You posted it?"

     "You weren't going to do it and it needed to be done? Are you mad?" Harry stood taking the computer from me and placed it back down on the table. I looked down at the floor.