Rhythm of Your Heart

The next few hours went by fairly quickly. Soundcheck took most of the time and it was amazing to watch them work.

     "So how did it sound?" Harry asked as he leads me into backstage, his hands tucked into his pockets. I was kind of glad he wasn't holding my hand this time, even if I had grown to love the warmth of his hand around mine. I made it through a huge group of his fans seeing us together but I didn't know how the people closest to him would feel about it, even if we were just platonic friends.

     "It was amazing. There is so much more work that goes into the performance then anyone thinks or knows about." We continued to walk next to each other until Harry got to a table full of drinks and food. He grabbed water, handing it to me, and then grabbed one for himself.

     "Yeah, the tech crew are the real talent in the room," he said as we continued to walk to the green room, "I'm just there for show." I looked up at him rolling my eyes with a laugh.

     "You know, you're pretty great too. You're the reason thousands of people are waiting outside right now."

     "Yeah, you never really get used to that. I'm not too sure how that happened," he said shutting the door to the green room as we entered it. He walked to the couch that was very similar to the last one and sat down. I followed the lead and sat down in the opposite armchair.

     "Well. Once upon a time, your mom believed in you so much that she signed you up for this singing competition, that happened to air on television. You went to the audition and sang, beautifully I might add, and they said yes, well Simon and Nicole, but not Louis, for some strange reason and then," I started, I was prepared to go through the whole story of is x-factor journey but was caught off guard by a pillow hitting me in the face. I flung the pillow off of my face and looked at Harry with a look of shock but the same face was staring back at me.

     "That isn't what I meant, I know how I got here, I lived it, remember?"

     "Right." I couldn't help but laugh as the shocked look was still planted on his face.

     "How did you," he stopped, still just staring at me, shaking his head, " how did you remember all of that?"

     "Oh, watching and rewatching British shows online got me through a lot of hard times in my life, and I have a really good memory," I said looking down to my hands, hoping, once again, I didn't say too much.

     "Do you like me better now or more when I was younger?" My head shot up in his direction. The shocked look was replaced with a smirk and a cheeky caulked eyebrow.

     "Who says I even like you now?" I asked, which earned me another pillow to the face, but this time I threw it back, hitting his face in the process.

     "This means war!" He yelled as he stood up and came flying at me with another pillow. I didn't know what to do so I just cowered. I rolled into a ball in my seat but I couldn't control the screaming laugh that was coming from my lips.

     "No Harry! Stop! I didn't mean it," I continued to scream as he just continued to playfully attack me with the pillow and tickles.

     "Harry, is everything okay? We heard screa-," a voice from the door came but stopped when they saw Harry and I laughing. With the interruption of the voice, Harry stopped his attack, and I was finally able to sit up. He looked down at me with a look that seemed to say, "Are you okay?" I nodded in response and so did he. Harry looked to the man standing in the doorway. The man was shorter than Harry but not by much and he had brown hair and some stubble on his face. I recognized him from nights previous. He played guitar on stage with Harry.