Let's Fall in Love for the Night

I felt my stomach lurch forward, forcing my eyes open. It took me a minute to remember where I was. The last thing I remembered was being held in Harry's arms as I cried about Janet. I realized the lurching came from the stopping motion of the bus. I was now alone on the couch, a blanket over me, and a pillow under my head. I must have fallen asleep on Harry's lap. I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

     "Good afternoon, sleepyhead. You okay?" Harry asked as he stepped through the kitchen door. He was wearing a white shirt with a colorful oversized knitted sweater. It reminded me of something my grandmother would wear but once again it just deepened my belief that this man could wear anything and look good.

     "Yes. I am feeling much better, thank you. I'm sorry I fell asleep on you," I said a yawn leaving my mouth. I quickly brought my hand up to cover it.

     "Don't be, I am glad you did. You had an exciting morning, speaking of, let me look at your arm." As if him reminding me was the cue, a sharp pain shot through my arm, but I didn't react. 'Brave face or no face' was something my mother always told me when I was younger. Show no pain. Harry moved forward gently taking my arm in his hands turning it to look at the deep purple mark. "Does this hurt?" He looked from my arm and up to me, worry written on his face.

     "It's not bad. Don't worry about it. The bus stopped? We left Kingston?" I wanted to change the subject as quickly as I could. Getaway from all thoughts of my break down this morning. Harry squinted his eyes at me but caught on that I didn't want to talk about it.

     "Yes. We left shortly after you fell asleep. We just arrived in Toronto. I have to meet up with Jeffrey and the rest of the gang. I have a promo interview for the tour at four. You can come or stay here it is up to you." I knew I would feel awkward being around people I had never met but I also knew I didn't want to be left here alone with my thoughts.

     "Do I have time to change?" I looked down at the sweatshirt and leggings I was wearing. I knew I would never look as good as Harry in anything I wore but if I was going to be seen with him I definitely didn't want to look like this.

     "Of course, but you look great in that," Harry said with a raise of his eyebrows. I stood rolling my eyes in his direction.

     "This coming from a man who looks like that," I said pointing my finger up and down at him.

     "What does that mean?" Harry asked with a look of shock on his face.

     "You make my grandmother's sweater look like it was made for you. You can pull anything off can't you?" Harry chuckled.

     "Not anything... You should see me in a banana costume."

     "Oh, I've seen it. And trust me, you can pull that off too," I said turning and heading back to change. The banana costume brought back so many memories. I was never able to see One Direction in concert but I spent many nights watching videos other people posted from their concert experience. The banana costume was an iconic moment for the fandom.

     I quickly pulled on a black pair of jeans and a grey t-shirt. I walked down to the door mirror at the end of the hall, looking myself up and down, I sighed. "Once again, as good as it's going to get." I wiped the remaining sleep from my eyes and turned around and headed back to Harry.

     "Ready?" Harry asked as I stepped forward.

    "As I'll ever be," I said with a shrug, the bun on top of my head bopping as I moved. Harry shook his head with a smile and moved towards the door.  He opened it revealing that we were parked outside the Scotiabank Arena. Around us were many other busses, vans, and trailers. We were surrounded by people constantly moving. Moving equipment or just moving along with others, heading to wherever they needed to be. Harry kept moving and I distractedly walked behind him, watching everything happening around me. It was interesting to see the whole process happening.