I Don't Know You Yet

Luckily for me, DC's airport isn't very busy especially this late. I made it to the plane just in time considering the amount of time it took me to leave Harry. As the plane took off all I wanted was to be flying to wherever Harry was going to be and not back home. As I sat down in my seat I quickly put in my headphones. The only thing I wanted to hear was Harry's voice. I didn't know what was happening to me, but he was growing on me. His safe bubble was something I constantly wanted to be in.

I went to open my music app when my phone dinged reminding me I had one unheard voicemail. I clicked on the notification and the voicemail opened up. It was long, I wasn't sure what it was so I started it up.

"Is this Gabby? I like her taste," Harry's voice echoed through the phone. It was our conversation from just awhile prior. He hit end on my phone but never on his. I closed my eyes listening to the voices go on, imagining and wishing I was back there.

"Of course you do. Thank you, for, well everything, I should probably go."

"Oh yes of course. I will see you soon."

"Okay. Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Do you promise you'll see me again?"

"I promise." I heard the door click in the background signaling that I left but the voicemail didn't stop. "I promise," he said again. I heard a knock on the door. "Yeah?"

"You ready?" It was George.

"Yeah," Harry said a strange fabric noise hitting the speaker. He must have put his phone in his pocket.

"Everything okay, sir?" George asked. I could hear them walking. Shoes hitting concrete. And I could hear people around them. They must have left the green room.

"Yes, everything is okay." Everything was muffled but his voice sounded different. Unsure.

"Is DJ okay?" My eyes rose at the sound of my name.

"Yes. Perfect. We'll be seeing her again." Perfect. I was far from perfect. What did he mean by that?

"Good. I like her," George said and my heart swelled. I didn't know George very well but I liked him too.

"Me too, George, Me too," Harry agreed. I didn't set out for it but what I said to him earlier, I meant. A Harry Styles sized hole was opening in my heart. At this point, I wasn't sure if I was scared of it or ready to welcome it with open arms. The sound of a car door opening and closing reminded me I was listening to my voicemail. "There is just something about her. She is different. She brings a smile to my face." I liked that I put that smile on his face because he put it on mine.

I've spent so long hiding from everyone and never letting anyone in because I was scared of my childhood memories coming back up, but I could feel him breaking down my walls even though I barely knew him, but I wanted that to change. I heard the same shuffling of fabric from before. "Shit." Harry's voice became more clear, "goodnight DJ. I'll talk to you soon. Tell Gabby I said hi." And that was it. A click ending the message.

I honestly didn't know what to say. We were strangers. He didn't know me. The minute he knew my history he would be running for the hills. He wouldn't want to be friends or anything else. I kept telling him, I'm a disaster. But I didn't know him either and I was feeling the same things. It wasn't anything I could deal with right now and I was starting to ruin my happy bubble. I pushed all thoughts of how I could ruin whatever this was, aside.

I wanted to stay in this bubble as long as possible so I replayed the voicemail and I recorded the ending on my phone so I could show Gabby later. And I replayed it again. I played it until I fell asleep with the vibration of the plane.