43-Verona

"Yes, Leon. What happened?" Cale questions, bracelet covered hand falling on top of the menu, playing with the ends of the paper and lazily reading through its contents.

Zach looks funnily at them both, his curiosity increasing by the second. "Okay, what happened? Let me in on the secret too..." He whines.

"I don't know about that, Zach," Cale tilts his head to the side like he was contemplating whether or not to tell Zach.

"Look, you guys. Let me explain." Leon starts, shuffling forward in his seat nervously.

"What really is there to explain?" Cale answers, poetically, head moving like that of an artist. "For we don't kink shame in Verona, we only love."

"Cale..." Leon whines, pitifully

"Dude, you have got to tell me now," Zach asks, more sternly this time.

"In fine Verona lay the scene, love bloomed through the trees." Cale continued on poetically. "From the hiss that came through the man's mouth to the slither of scales that peeked through like the moon in the night sky. I found myself falling in deeper and deeper in those unblinkable starry eyes."

"My first guess was a cheesy romance but damn!" Zach comments, "Leon, what the fuck?"

"Zach, just let me explain and stop with the poems Cale!"

"The bul—"

"Okay fuck just stop! This is a family restaurant." Leon shuts the other up, by placing his hands over Cale's mouth. Zach's mouth hangs open, already guessing what Cale was about to say.

"Were you reading, erotica with Cale sleeping next to you?" Zach exclaims, voice way louder than it should have been for uttering those words in a restaurant in broad daylight.

Leon's shifts his eyes towards Zach, looking horrified at the male's word, which the students sitting in the table behind them must have surely heard. Using Leon's distraction, Cale continues on pushing the other's hand off his mouth

"Oh no, it was something far more superior. Far more divine. It was love, pure primal love." Cale adds. "A love so forbidden but so addicting, it was love between an—"

"Okay just stop!" Leon whisper-yells. "You are making it sound far worse."

Leon sighs, sitting back and sighing as he does so. "It was a book about a male prostitute and a lizard-human hybrid. And it was written in like a 'Shakepsrean 'manner." He replies, bashfully, cheeks flaming red from the embarrassment of having to utter those words. He was going to kill them both when he returns back home.

Zach's mouth opens and closes like a fish, face devoid of any expression as he gazes blankly at Leon almost uncertain whether he had heard those words correctly.

"It was not just any book!" Cale retorts, looking melodramatically offended, "It was love at its natural form." He continues, emphasizing the word 'natural'.

"Stop making it sound like that," Leon says, "And it was a gift okay," He supplies.

Zach seemed to have come out of his trance, "You are reading a book about a human and a hybrid getting it on. And who the fuck gifted you that?"

"Unfortunately, there was no love-making." Cale sighs, wistfully. "It was just thirst—thirst for each other's—speaking of thirst, where is the waiter?"

"There wasn't," Leon clarifies, sternly. "And it was a gift from my brother and his wife." He adds, regretting bringing the book to the trip in the first place. Due to finals he couldn't read it when it was gifted.

Zach's face contours into one of surprise, "Your family—Cale that's it, as your friend and your bro I can't let you associate yourself with him and his family."

"Zach," Leon voices, "You aren't doing anything."

"Did you just gain confidence from reading that book?" Zach retorts, smirking.

"What do you mean gain confidence, Leon was always on the confident side?" Cale questions.

"Ah yes, Leon the confident. Confidence oozing out of every pore, that it blinds anyone in it's way." Zach mocks, remembering their previous encounter.

"Oo, what happened?"

"Can you both just let me live?" Leon sighs, resting his head on his hand.

"So, about this book?"

"Hi, I am your waiter for today. What can I get for your guys today?"

●●●●●

Thanks for reading!

So are you guys ready for it? 

Be aware of the things that lay beneath these words, it may haunt you forever. In your deep dark dreams, in the corner of your bedroom, in your bathroom, it will haunt you forever. Like this book. Children slither away, for once you cross this section you may never be able to come back, never be able to achieve normality. 

Behold, one of the greatest books in the century from the long-time award-winning writer--Prince William The 18th.

I bring it to you...

PS- I am not shading anyone, this could be like my own version of creating 'trashy gay romance covers' ;)