45- Scream

"What!?" Leon questions, as he watches Cale try to stifle his laugh.

"It's just that I can't look at you and not remember that," Cale answers, biting his lips to hold in his mirth.

Leon sighs, his tongue pushing against his inner cheek. Lips going down to form a frown.

"Remember what?" Candace questions, intriguingly.

"Candance right?" Leon asks, interjecting before Cale could even open his mouth. "How about I tell you of the time, my older brother tricked me into going in the haunted house with this creepy ass couple, who I am pretty sure wanted to 'go at it' in there?"

Cale's jaw unhinges, brown eyes widening to show both shock and wonder, "What?" He asks, flabbergasted.

"It's a pretty fun story, except for the part where I was ten." Leon muses, thoughtfully, looking like he was recalling those memories.

"Surely what you have in mind can't be worse than that?" Candance questions, turning over towards Cale.

"Interesting question, what do you think, Leon?" Cale asks, pointer finger rubbing his chin as if he was contemplating the sentence.

"You know what, we could have a lot of thinking after the haunted house." Leon rebukes, taking the ticket from Cale's hands and giving both of it to the staff who was standing out, holding onto a black door.

"That will be a lot of thinking then." Cale retorts, voice deeming.

Candace eyes them both, part out of suspicion and part confusion, lips pressed together as she hands her own ticket to the staff. "Um...are we still talking about what I think we are talking about?"

"It's pretty clear what we are thinking about," Leon mutters, turning to face Candance.

"What are you thinking about though?" Cale adds in, raising his brows.

"Just wanted to make sure!" Candance exclaims, raising her hands up.

"You guys can go in now." The staff member, notifies opening the black door leading to even more blackness.

"Okay, no thinking just screaming." Candance voices, going into the darkness, followed by Cale and Leon.

The door closes behind them with a thud, a dark silence blankets through the room.

"Well this is scary?"

"We have to go in, you dumbass." Cale utters, blindly walking forward and hitting onto someone.

"Ow!" Leon whines.

"God, you too. Be quiet and get scared." Candance scolds, sightlessly reaching for both of their hands and pulling them towards the black curtains, cartoonish voices coming through in between intervals.

"Look out, there may be a jump scare!"

There was nothing as they walked in through the curtain except for a generic scary voice laughing through some speakers.

"Ooo, that was a good jump scare." Leon spiels.

"Fuc—"

A puppet with a pig's nose, and devil's horns, with red light illuminating its face. Falls from the ceiling.

"Should we scream so that the puppet doesn't feel bad?" Cale asks, watching Candance mindlessly push the puppet away and walking forward.

"Of course we all have heard of the puppet with feelings."

●●●●●●

Thanks for reading!