44- Queue

"...you can go in now. And Jean, I can clearly hear your groans." A small badgering smile crossed Mrs. Najeem's lips. "Those would be more useful when I find out that one of you didn't bring appropriate clothes." She ended, moving away so that the students could enter the amusement/water park. A‌ staff member counting the heads, going in.

"Only you would bath before going to a water park." Zach comments, snickering as he watches his friend dry his hair.

"I am sorry but some of us like to feel clean." Cale retorts, ringed fingers moving across wet strands.

Zach bursts out laughing, holding onto his stomach as he remembers all the times Cale had walked into their lectures looking like someone who was never taught about baths.

"Ah yes, Cale the Cleaner, teaching us." Quinn mocks, tying her hair up in a messy bun.

"Leave Cale alone." Candance starts.

"Thank y–"

"And let's talk about the action plan." She ends, cocking a brow at Cale. Cale swallows his words, scrunching his nose up and huffing.

"Such great friends." He sighs, "But in the end, it's always me saving you guys."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Zach questions, looking incredulously at Cale.

"I mean, I have an action plan." Cale clarifies.

"Does the person who bathed before coming to a water park gets the chance to talk?" Quinn asks, teasingly.

"I have a plan." Cale instead repeats. "I say me and you go together first to the amusement park since my hair is still very wet. They could enjoy the water rides or the dry rides during that time and then either one of them could join you after, and then we can finally go on those dragon ride thingies in the end and vomit together." He voices.

"That's actually not a bad plan." Zach expresses, acting surprised.

"Mind you though, you will have to succumb to my demands," Candace warns, she was not keen on going on the water rides due to her periods.

"Like I don't already," Cale mutters under his breath.

"What did you just say!?"

"I meant, I will be a kind and supportive friend. Who will listen to your wishes–"

"Let's go to the haunted house first!" Candance exclaims, clapping her hands in finality as she drags a wide-eyed Cale away from their giggling friends.

"This shit better be good, for all that jazz," Lorin comments to her friends, standing in front of the line, tickets in her hand.

"It's a haunted house, Lori. This shit better be bad like gory bad." Haden enthuses, clapping his hands, eyes twinkling.

"You do know that children go in those too, right?" Jasper points out, rolling his eyes at his friend's interest in gore and blood.

"Blood won't harm anyone."

"I don't think you understand the words coming out of your mouth." Leon snorts, pushing his hair back, adjusting the grey beanie on top of his head.

"Stop shaming—"

"Excuse me," A member of staff calls. "Are you four together?"

"Yes." Lorin answers.

"Um, I am sorry to say but we can only let in 3 people in at a time." The staff points out, an apologetic smile grazing his lips.

"That's not a problem." Leon answers.

"What!? You guys know the story of when I went in with a couple." Sounds on realization tumbles out of his friends' mouths.

"Or you could be the couple," Jesper utters, pulling the other out of the queue.

"Cale!" Jesper greets, completely out of character.

"Oh hi!" Cale greets back, shocked at the sudden reception.

"Are you two going in together?" Jesper asks, pointing at the ticket in Cale's hands.

"Yep." Candance answers.

"I was wondering, whether you could include Leon too. Only three people could go in at a time, and Leon is kind of lonely."

"I am not lonely!" Leon exclaims, jaw unhinging in offence.

"Yeah sure." Cale answers, tittering.

●●●●

I will try and update later today.

Till then anybody has any stories of them and haunted houses? 

Thanks for reading!