3: Operation Cobra

Henry and Elle walked into Granny's diner and took a seat in the booth. Elle frowned knowing Regina would be upset as she promised her that she would go to school. Unfortunately, that did not seem to happen. 

"Thanks Ruby," Elle said paying the waitress. 

"Of course," Ruby replied looking over at Henry, "It's been a while since I've seen him so excited."

Elle looked to the young boy whom she saw as a brother, "It's nice to see him happy. Thank you and Granny for letting Emma stay at the inn."

"Of course," Ruby smiled, "She happened to come at her own will. I guess she's staying in town for while, right?"

Elle nodded her head, "Something like that."

She was about to head back to Henry when Ruby spoke to her.

"It is nice to see you happy too, Elle."

Elle smiled back, "It feels good too."

She returned to their seat and while they waited for Emma to arrive, she told Henry about her dream. Henry listened and was excited for her. 

"What do you think?" She asked him. 

He opened his book of fairytales and flipped through some of the pages, "I think you could be recovering your memories though I do not believe you were affected by the evil queen's curse, but something else entirely."

Elle frowned and Henry was quick to reassure her, "Don't worry, Elle. I think that when the saviour came to Storybrooke, your memories started to resurface. If she stays in town, maybe you will recover them all."

"You really think so?"

Henry nodded his head, "I believe so."

There is was again. Those two words. I believe. It was the second time she heard those words. They meant something to her, but she could not place her finger on it. 

The pair saw Emma enter the diner and grab the cup of hot chocolate with cinnamon on top. She approached Graham who greeted her and she asked about the beverage. 

"I didn't send it," Graham told her and Henry turned around. 

"I did," Henry smiled. 

Emma walked over to see the mayor's children sitting together. 

"I like cinnamon too," Henry smiled. 

"Don't you have school?" Emma asked looking at the both of them. 

Elle shrugged her shoulders, "They're better off without me. Only a few more days until I am finished."

When Emma looked at the eighteen year old, she was reminded of herself growing up in foster care. She did not go to school much either and feared the path Elle had set herself on. 

"Duh. I'm ten. Walk me," Henry said holding his school bag.

The three of them left the diner and Emma engaged in a conversation with Henry. 

"So, what's the deal with you and your mom?" She asked.

"It's not about us. It's about her curse. We have to break it. Luckily, I have a plan."

"Step one, identification. I call it operation cobra."

"Cobra? That has nothing to do with fairytales."

"Exactly, it's a code name to throw the queen off the trail."

"So everyone here is a fairytale character, they just don't know it?"