13: Unhappy Reunions

After hearing of Regina 'murdering' Archie, Elle was suspicious. Regina would never do a heinous act like this. Her feet carried her to the dock and she widened her eyes in shock. 

"What is wrong?" A kind women asked her. 

"Do you not see it?" Elle asked puzzled. 

The woman looked in the direction of the ship, "The water? Yes, it is quite lovely."

The lady then walked away and Elle pinched herself in case she were dreaming. To her horror, the Jolly Roger stood in the dock. She climbed aboard the ship familiar with the layout and that triggered a memory. 

"Are you sure the Dark One won't find us?" Twelve year old Elle asked her father as the crew docked in a port. 

They recently returned from finding treasure and Hook had planned to visit the tavern to sell what he had found on the black market. 

"Do not fear, Elle," Hook smiled at her, "My men have done this numerous times. I had an old colleague of mine enchant this ship so it will temporarily turn invisible."

"If we get off this ship, how will we find it?" Elle inquired. 

Hook smiled at his daughter who was clever and curious, "Not to worry, lass. The Jolly Roger will always be seen by you and I. We are the captains, aren't we?"

He ruffled her hair and she smiled at him. 

"Come on," Hook said holding his hand out for her to take, "Let's go get our money."

Elle let out a big smile and followed her father embracing the pirate's life.

Elle gasped and looked around the ship. She remembered the crew drinking and sparring. Her hands touched the rungs of the captain's wheel recalling Hook teaching her how to steer and navigate the waters. She spotted a sword in a storage closet and held it in her hands. 

As she got closer to the cargo hold, she heard her father's voice speaking harshly. When she entered, she took in the sight. 

Hook sat on a crate in front of a tied up Archie. He had yet to notice her presence, but Archie widened her eyes. When Hook turned, Elle held the sword to him. 

"Hook," She greeted coldly. 

"Elle," Hook grinned standing, "You're just in time to dissect a cricket."

Elle widened her eyes as his hook went to Archie's forehead. 

"Stop," Elle pleaded and Archie sputtered out, "Wait! Wait! Please."

Hook stopped and looked at the psychiatrist, "That's more like it. Now tell me cricket. What is his weakness?"

"A girl named Belle," Archie answered and Hook released him. 

"Belle?" Hook said recognizing the name. 

"Yes," Archie said, "She works at the library."

"Perfect," Hook grinned, "Thank you, mate."

"Are you going to let me go?" Archie asked and Hook's back was to him. 

"No," Hook grinned, "And have you run to Emma alerting them of my presence. Highly unlikely."

He looked at Elle and the sword, "How cute."

He quickly disarmed her and whispered in her ear, "You listen, Elle and you listen good. Everything that I am doing, I am doing for us. Now you can either come with me or I leave you for Cora to deal with. Take you pick."