42: The Search for the Green Eyed Boy

Liam was on a boat that ascended from a 'worse place'. Elle watched amazed and looked at her uncle who was just as surprised.

"Liam," Hook gasped, "You're safe."

"Yes," Liam huffed, "It appears I am. I suppose this is the sacrifice I should have made long ago. And now I can finally depart."

The boat made its way to the edge.

"Then go," Hook told Liam, "All of you. Now that you finally know the truth, your unfinished business is complete as well."

"Get on board, men," Liam extended a hand to the other men.

They settled in and Liam looked at his brother, "What about you, brother?"

Hook looked back at him, "My unfinished business isn't done yet. Not until Emma and I defeat have defeated Hades and Elle is able to move on."

"Tell her I'm sorry and I was wrong," Liam says guilty, "She does want what's best for you. And don't worry about reaching that bar anymore, Killian. You've become a true hero in a way I never could."

He turned his attention to Elle and smiled proudly, "I'm so happy to find I got to meet my niece, even for a short time."

Elle smiled, "You're just as noble as my father described you so many times. I see where my father gets his wisdom and bravery from. Please be happy."

"Same to you," Liam replied.

He held out a hand towards her father, "Goodbye."

Hook held his forearm and both brothers exchanged sadden smiles knowing this would the last time they would ever see each other again.

"Goodbye, brother," Hook whispered.

The boat drifted away and Elle watched with a heaviness in her heart. Liam had moved on, but she was glad she was able to meet her Uncle.

Hook wrapped an arm around his daughter, "That was your Uncle Liam."

"He has a good heart," Elle said, sighing, "We should head back to the others."

She brushed past him and paused, "Don't think we've forgotten about Peter. If we manage to save the heroes, get them back to Storybrooke and you choose to stay, we're spending that time finding him."

"Of course," Hook said to her, "I promise."

They entered the mansion and Emma was there to greet them.

"Hook, Elle, where the hell have you been? First you, Liam and Elle left, then Henry ran off somewhere."

"I'm sorry, Emma," Hook apologized, "You were right about Liam. He destroyed those pages because of a deal he made with Hades years ago. A deal that almost got us thrown into the Boiling Sea."

"Are you okay?" Emma asked, "Where is he?"

"He, uh, sacrificed himself," her father answered slowly, "But his sacrifice helped a crew we once sailed with. They finally moved on, thanks to him."

"Did he move on, too?"

"He did." Hook replied, "But he helped me see the truth before he went. I'm glad you came down here, Emma. Perhaps I do deserve saving after all."

"Does that mean when this is all over you're planning to come home?" Emma asked hopeful.

"Yes," Hook smiled, "Everything Liam did was to ensure that I had a future. And I damn well intend to have one."

Elle looked away to give the lovers their privacy. She returned to Hades' lair in search of Peter once more. After Emma left, Hook mentioned how he ran into Peter in the labyrinth. Elle had to find out if that rumour was true.