6: Prisoner to Rescuer

Elle frowned at the bindings covering her wrist as the two ladies forced the three of them to move. 

"Are we there yet?" Elle complained and the women did not answer her. 

"What is this place?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Our home," Mulan answered. 

Elle widened her eyes in fear. They were in the Enchanted Forest. It did not look at all enchanting. The grim atmosphere and post apocalyptic feeling of the place was enough for Elle to wish she were somewhere else.

"What are you going to do to us?" Elle asked them and again, no one answered. 

The girl let out a deep breath unamused by the situation. 

They entered a small village and were pushed forward. The people looked at them strangely and Elle returned to look evenly. 

"It's like they are refugees," Emma acknowledged. 

"We are survivors," Mulan told them. 

Elle surveyed the area and the states of the people. 

Out of nowhere, Mary Margaret bodychecked the princess that was with Mulan who Elle later found out was named Aurora. She backed up and Mary Margaret shouted, "Emma run!" 

Emma took off and Mary Margaret fled behind her. Elle stayed where she was deciding to save her energy for the right time. Her face grew alarmed as Mulan chucked something at Mary Margaret causing her to collapse to the ground unconscious.

"What did you do?" Emma spat out. 

"Take them to the pit," Mulan ordered and Elle struggled against the people restraining her. 

Elle was thrown in first and noticed the dirt prison they were in. Emma was tossed in after looking at Elle wondering why she was not fighting back. Mary Margaret was dragged in afterwards. 

"Hey," Emma said shaking her mother, "Can you hear me?"

Mary Margaret was still unconscious and Elle sensed they were not alone. She stepped closer to Emma and whispered, "Emma, I don't think we are alone."

"Do you need help?" A woman's voice asked. 

"Who are you?" Emma asked carefully. 

"A friend," The woman said stepping out into the light, "My name's Cora."

 There was something about Cora that did not bode well with Elle. She seemed too generous, but her eyes held deceit. 

"Emma," Elle whispered again, "We should not trust this woman. We don't know her."

Emma looked at the teenager and then back to Mary Margaret. 

"You sure she's gonna be okay?" Emma asked.

"Don't worry," Cora told her, "She'll be fine."

"What is this place? Where are we?" Emma asked. 

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven."

"Haven? From what?"

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it anyway."

"Well they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong," Emma said. 

"Neither did I," Cora replied. 

Elle scoffed at her remark and Emma scolded the teenager. Elle rolled her eyes sitting down and Emma looked back at Cora. 

"Sorry about her, she just takes a while to warm up to people."

"Of course," Cora assured Emma.