15: Chaos in the E.R

As they pulled into the hospital, it was total pandemonium. Emma looked down at unknown man who was drifting in and out of consciousness. The hospital was paging Doctor Whale, the head doctor. 

"I don't know what's going on," Belle exclaimed as Mary Margaret guided her into the E.R.

"Car versus pedestrians. Chest trauma from the wheel. Pedestrian one's got contusions, broken ribs while number two has contusions, broken ribs and is non breathing."

"Bring him one to X-ray. Bring her to ICU and send for a crash cart," the head nurse ordered for Hook and Elle respectively. 

"Hide him," Emma said as a nurse carried Belle away. 

"What?" the nurse asked.

Emma pointed to Hook, "Find a room and hide him. Once you're done with the girl, keep her with him. He is her father."

"Belle," Mr. Gold said walking into the hospital, "What's going on?"

"Get him out of here," David shouted blocking Mr. Gold.

"No," Mr. Gold said, "What's happening? Belle!"

"I'd like to know that myself," Leroy said. 

"Belle! Belle!" Mr. Gold said fighting David.

"Everybody, calm down!" Doctor Whale shouted. 

"Mr. Gold," the doctor spoke to Mr. Gold, "Everything will be fine. She's in good hands here. I promise."

A few hours later, Emma headed to go see Hook. She entered where he would be in the ICU. He laid on a bed wearing only a robe. Elle had not with him. 

Hook inhaled sharply and Emma looked at him coldly. 

"Where's Cora?" She asked him. 

"What?" He asked and the handcuff on him clinked. 

He looked at it unfazed, "Again? You're really into this, aren't you?"

He groaned trying to move, "Damn, that hurts."

"Told you," Emma said, "You cracked a few ribs. Where's Cora?"

"You look good, I must say," Hook said to her with a smile, "All 'where's Cora?' in a commanding voice. Chills."

"You have all sorts of sore places I can make you hurt," Emma said.

Out of nowhere she pressed on his ribs causing the pirate's body to seize up. 

"I have no idea where Cora is. She has her own agenda. let's talk about something I am interested in - my hook. May I have it back? Or is there another attachment you'd prefer?"

"You're awfully chipper for a guy who just failed to kill his enemy and endangered his and his own daughter's life by getting hit by a car."

"Well, my ribs may be broken, but... Everything else is still intact which is more than can be said for other bad days I've had. Plus I did some quality damage to my foe."

"You hurt Belle," Emma said. 

"I hurt his heart," the pirate smiled to her in return, "Belle's just where he keeps it. He killed my love and attacked my daughter taking the memory of the past from her. I know the feeling."

Emma leaned in and smiled at him. 

"Keep smilin', buddy. You're chained down. He's on his feet, immortal, has magic and you hurt his girl. If I were to pick dead guy of the year I'd pick you or your daughter."

Hook's eyes twitched at the thought of Elle being in danger. 

"How is Elle doing?" He asked Emma changing the subject.