46: A Way to Escape

"I was beginning to think you couldn't get in," Hades told Emma.

Emma entered and used her magic to prevent the soul Mr. Gold enlisted to help him kidnap Zelena. 

"Locks don't bother me much," Emma told the god, "He ripped up the contract like you wanted. So leave."

"Since when does the Saviour answer to the King of Death?" The man who was helping Mr. Gold asked.

"Since he's the one getting my family home," Emma snapped at the man. 

"You picked the wrong team to back, Ms. Swan. You won't get what you want from him."

"Really?" Emma snorted, "Because you just did. Which is making me wonder why you're still here."

"Yeah, I suppose you have a point," Mr. Gold replied and vanished. 

"Looks like your master only came for what he wanted," Zelena taunted. 

"I don't think you're going to be that lucky," Emma warned. 

The man let go and disappeared as well. 

"Zelena," Hades rushed over. 

He removed the cuff, "Are you alright?"

"You tore up that contract for me. I didn't think you'd do it. When will you believe I'd do anything for you?"

He placed a hand over his heart and smiled, "I think I'm getting there."

They shared a kiss and Emma crossed her arms and looked away. There was a power that pulsated throughout the Underworld. When the lovers separated, Hades gasped. 

"Is that?"

"My heart. It's beating."

They shared another deep kiss and the Underworld shook violently. 

"What the hell was that?" Emma asked cautiously. 

"My banishment, it's over. I can finally leave this place for good. Very soon, at the cemetery, there will be a fully-formed portal back to Storybrooke. But it will close at sunset."

"First things first. I held up my end of the deal. Now it's your turn. We're going home through that portal, too. All of us."

Everyone reconvened at the cemetery and the broken clock tower turned rapidly. 

"How did it get here?" David inspected the clock. 

"The hands are moving. Is that a good sign or a bad one?" Emma asked. 

"Either way, something is going to happen," Elle commented on guard. 

"It's a great one if you want to leave," Hades informed them, "When those hands spin fast enough, in about an hour, it'll turn into an open portal back."

"Which we can't go through because of those," Regina pointed to the gravestones, "So, let's get on with it."

"Gladly," Hades said smugly.

He waved his hand clearing the gravestones, "There, as promised. You're no longer tied to this realm."

"I told you love could change him," Zelena told everyone. 

"I don't buy it," Hook said glaring at Hades, "A man can't change that quickly."

Elle stood beside her father and Peter nodding her head in agreement, "He's right. Hades has never been this generous."

"We're free to go through the portal when it opens," Emma told Hook, "Which means it's time to split my heart so you can leave with us."

"Aye, love," Hook nodded.