20: Jailbird and Heartless

"If I am going to be here for a while," Elle complained, "The least you could do is give me an empty mug that I can knock against the bars of the cage."

When she awoke, she found herself trapped in a cage. Lost Boys guarded her and Elle was less than impressed.

She was completely bored out of her mind. She lost track of how long she was in the cage for and spent the time just irritating the Lost Boys from the safety of her confinement. She grinned knowing they could not lay a hand on her unless they wanted Pan to kill them.

"I know twins hate this question, but which one of you is older?" Elle smirked.

The twins, Miles and Conner did not take her bait and Elle let out a frustrated sigh, "You two are no fun when you don't play along. At least Peter indulged my games."

She spat at the name like it was poisonous dreamshade. It scared her as the memories of herself and Peter flooded her brain. She remembered him taking her on adventures and watching the stars together. She also remember the arguments and fights they had.

"Ah, the jailbird is awake," Peter smiled approaching the cage.

He bent down to her level, "Has she learned her lesson?"

"About how fun it is to annoy the Lost Boys?" Elle smirked, "Then yes I have."

She shifted in the cage and looked at the boy with amusement in her eyes as she felt herself reverting to the behaviour she had in her memories.

"Tell me, Peter," she said, "What torment does today's visit entail? Feeding me to the mermaids, trapping me in the Echo Caves or even poisoning me with dreamshade."

She laughed dryly, "Whatever it is, I can take it."

"Be careful what you wish for," Peter warned, "Whenever you play your games, you always lose."

"Maybe it's all according to plan," She said winking.

"Oh really?" Peter asked mischievously, "Tell me, love, what plan is that?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Elle smiled.

The cage door opened and Elle was brought out. She stood in front of Peter who had a gleam in his eyes.

"Now," he mused, "What is that plan of yours?"

"That's my little secret," Elle winked returning to the camp.

There, she saw Henry begin to stir and Peter grabbed an apple.

"Wake up," Peter said, "Catch."

He tossed the apple at Henry who caught it. Elle was on guard seeing Henry and the boy looked at her. It only took her a second to see him holding a crossbow in his hand.

"I don't like apples," Henry refused.

"Who doesn't like apples?" Peter asked perplexed. 

"It's a family thing," Henry informed him. 

Elle could not deny the fact having witnessed the whole apple turnover that caused a sleeping curse. The eighteen year old made a face in agreement mumbling under her breath. 

"He's right about that," Elle said.

Peter looked at Elle with curiosity but then returned his gaze to Henry smiling. 

"Well, don't worry. They're not for eating. It's for a kind of game. A really fun game. I call it target practice."

He raised a cross bow with a loaded arrow in Henry's direction and Elle widened her eyes wishing she had her sword with her. Peter was planning something, she could tell, but she also knew what happened to people who intervened in his games.