25: Celebrations Cut Short

Elle followed Neal through the jungle.

"You know where you are going?" She asked him.

"I would assume if I was going the wrong way, you'd speak up," Neal said, "After all, you always did."

"How could I not forget," Elle remembered, "Dragging your lazy butt around the island on his orders. It was my father who turned you in, was it not?"

"It was," Neal answered, "How fitting it was his daughter who helped me escape."

"It wasn't easy," Elle admitted recalling what she had to do to figure a way off the island.

Elle was reading books of all sorts and maps.

"Love," Peter greeted, "What are you doing?"

"Just thinking about exploring," Elle said and Peter looked at the map.

"Planning to leave Neverland, are we?" He asked her, "You wish to see your father? I thought you made it clear you two did not have ties."

Elle flinched, "While our relationship is... Well nonexistent at this point, I was just thinking about my days on the waters. We visited many ports in those days. I will admit I miss them."

"You also know that nobody leaves this island without my permission," Peter told her and she felt his iron grip on her wrist.

Elle leaned her head onto his chest, "I know, it was just a thought."

"Pan," Felix's voice interrupted.

Elle turned to see the Lost boy standing there. Felix had arrived before she did and was vying to become his second in command. Rufio however, was his second and Felix settled himself for third.

"What is it, Felix?" Peter asked.

"The Shadow has returned," Felix said, "He brought another boy to the island."

"I see," Peter said, "Looks like our conversation will have to wait, Elle."

"Of course," Elle said.

Once he left, she looked at her map and the idea came to her. It was a long shot, but it might just work. With Peter preoccupied, she ran over to Baelfire.

"Baelfire," Elle smiled, "I have a way for you to leave."

"You do?" he asked and she smiled, "The Shadow. He can fly from Neverland back to the Enchanted Forest or the place you are from, London."

"You are a genius," Baelfire smiled.

"Of course," Elle said, "I want you to be happy and I know that you are not here."

Recently, they discovered the truth about them. Elle was shocked to say the least at the news of his relation to her. While she left her father, she did not wish to let down the brother she never got to know.

"I do not know how to trap such a being," she said, "But I know you'll think of something. Anyways I have to go. I can keep Peter distracted long enough for you to come up with a plan and escape."

"Thank you, Elle."

"Isn't that what family is for?"

"Even after all this time," Elle frowned, "I still cannot believe we are family. And Henry is my half nephew."

Neal was silent as they continued walking and made it to a clearing. It looked used recently, and Elle knew the heroes had been here. They stepped deeper into the camp and Elle took a look around. Neal placed Henry down and looked around.