52: A Stormy Night

The storm outside was one of the worst in a while. Regina was inside her home having a cup of wine and pie she got from Granny's Diner. Her mind drifted back to the last storm that happened over five years ago. It was the very storm that brought Elle to Storybrooke.

Regina remembered how young she was, only sixteen years old. She had grown so much since then. Ever since the downfall of Hades, Regina could not help but wonder what happened to the girl. Having lost her true love to the Olympian Crystal as Regina had lost Robin, she shared the young woman's pain.

Henry was heartbroken to hear Elle has returned to Storybrooke even for a brief moment and returned with her heart shattered. After the incident, Hook was back and alive. It was a sweet reunion with Emma and when asked about his daughter, Hook admitted to never getting a chance to say goodbye to her. It was a regret that remained with him. After all she was his daughter.

The phone rang and Henry came down. Regina glanced at him and spoke, "I'll get it, Henry."

She answered the phone, "Mayor Mills speaking. Who is this?"

"Regina," Emma answered, her voice came off hesitant.

"Emma," Regina made a face, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, David and I were patrolling in the storm and somethings's happened."

Alarm went through her face. Hopefully no one was hurt.

"Is everyone okay?" Regina asked knowing Henry would want to know.

"We're all safe, but you need to come to the town line now," Emma told her and hung up.

As Regina went to grab a coat and umbrella, Henry took his coat off the hanger as well.

"I'm coming with you," Henry stated.

Regina shook her head, "Absolutely not, Henry. It is one of the worst storms we've ever had. I am not letting you endanger yourself out there."

"I'll be fine," Henry replied, "I'm not the child I was before."

Regina sighed, "Alright, but stay close to me in case the storm gets worse."

Henry grinned and finished putting his jacket on. Regina watched him accepting the fact that Henry was growing up. He travelled across realms and stood up for what he believed in.

She teleported them to the town line and saw the rest of the heroes in the distance. She held the umbrella for Henry and herself. Emma looked over her shoulder to greet Regina.

"You came fast," the blonde huffed.

"It sounded urgent," Regina stated flatly, "Now what is it?"

"Take a look for yourself," David told her.

Mary Margaret and him were awfully quiet, their eyes filled with shock. Regina finally turned her attention to what caught everyone's attention and her face mirrored theirs.

"Mom, what is it?" Henry asked her.

Regina blinked and did not hide the surprise in her tone, "Looks like history is repeating itself once again."

She pursed her lips and saw the pirate lift the unconscious girl in his arms. His blue eyes overwhelmed by emotion.

"She's freezing," Hook informed them, We should get her out of the cold."

"Do we take her to the hospital?" Mary Margaret asked and Regina shook her head.

"No, we can take her to my place."

"Why?" Emma asked Regina.

Regina paused for a minute and recalled her first encounter on that night. A smile formed on her face as she looked up at the stormy sky, "Think of it as a sign from somewhere else. Just trust me."