29: Chaos of Reunions

"Ugh!" Elle said, kicking the bars of the cage, "Why won't this stupid door break."

Wendy was silent beside her after Peter left. Once he did, Elle attempted to break free using whatever magic she seemed to have. Thorns and flowers covered the cage. After a while, she slumped against the walls and looked over to Wendy.

"What did he blackmail you with?" Elle asked the girl. 

"My brothers, John and Michael," Wendy told her.

"I see," Elle said, "Why come back to this island?"

"I had to rescue Bae," Wendy said, "After he saved my brothers, I could not just leave him alone here. It was my fault I got him into this mess by first taking the Shadow's hand."

"Don't take it too hard on yourself," Elle told her, "When we get out of these stupid cages, Peter had better watch his back."

The nearby twigs snapped and Elle scoffed, "Maybe we won't have to wait long."

A figure broke through and Elle widened her eyes, "Emma?"

"Elle," the blonde said relieved. 

"You're an..." Wendy said scared, "An adult."

"My name's Emma. I'm looking for my son."

Elle saw Neal break through. He looked at Wendy with no words. 

"Wendy?"

"Do I know you?"

"It's Baelfire."

"You two know each other?" Emma asked him. 

"Bae!" Wendy smiled.

"Yeah. Yeah, we do," Neal replied to Emma. 

"Can it really be you?" Wendy asked him in disbelief. 

Neal grabbed a nearby rock and broke the lock to Wendy's cage. Wendy stepped out and the pair hugged. 

"I thought I'd never see you again," Wendy cried. 

"What are you- Wh-What are you doing here?"

"Well, I-I came back to save you."

"You did that for me?"

Well, I couldn't bear for you to be without a family," Wendy said, "Not after you told us that your mother and father were both dead."

"You told her I was dead?" Mr. Gold said perplexed. 

"It was easier than telling the truth," Neal stated, "My own father abandoned me."

"Hey," Elle spoke up, "I know this heartfelt reunion is touching and all, but can someone please let me out of here."

"She's Pan's right hand man," Mr. Gold said, "I advise we keep her trapped for the time being."

"Of course you would say that," Elle snorted, "Considering you have it out for me and my father."

Neal opened the door to her cage and Elle stretched her legs. She smirked, "That's better."

"Why did you do that?" Mr. Gold snapped. 

"She helped me long ago and now I'm returning the favour," Neal told his father. 

He looked at Elle, "Welcome back."

They walked back to the camp and Elle flinched seeing all the Lost Boys knocked out. The rest of the heroes were present, but there was only one person Elle focused on. 

"Tinker Bell?"

"Elle," the fairy replied. 

The two girls hugged each other tightly and Emma spoke, "You two know each other?"