45: The Haunting of the Past

The woods in the underworld was crisp and cold. The fog throughout the Underworld gave off an eerie feel to it. 

"How much further?" David asked Emma. 

"No further. This is where Regina said Robin would meet us."

"Great," David slowed down, "So what do we do now? Rob from the rich and hope he shows up?"

Elle looked at David confused by his snarky attitude. She stepped closer to Peter protectively. 

"Uh, no," Emma said caught off guard, "Robin will just find us."

"In the middle of the woods?" David looked at her. 

"I mean he isn't Robin Hood for nothing," Elle interjected, "I would give him credit where credit is due."

"Hello," Robin said behind them.

He held his bow and arrow and Elle saw the baby girl sleeping soundyl in the basket. 

"Not everyone needs magic to be stealthy," Robin told David, "Thanks. Where's Regina?"

"Condensed version? Zelena and Hades are on the verge of being the world's worst power couple. Regina's taking care of it."

"I should go. She's gonna need my help," Robin said hastily. 

"No, it's okay," Emma reassured him, "Make sure your daughter is safe. Regina can handle her sister."

Suddenly, David placed a magic cuff on Emma's wrist. Elle pulled out her dagger and aimed it towards him, "Hold it right there!"

"Siblings," David pulled out the gun and aimed it at Robin, "They can be a real pain, can't they?"

"Dad, what the hell?" Emma asked betrayed.

"Cruella gave me some advice. Never face the Saviour without one of those."

"James," Emma realized, "Where's my dad?"

"Oh, he's locked up in the sheriff's station. I've been trailing him for some time."

The honking of the car horn made Elle flinch remembering the time she and Hook were hit by Greg's car so long ago. It left a bitter taste in her mouth. Tires screeched and Elle saw Cruella's car appear. 

The dog fur wearing villain came out as James continued his monologue, "Figured when Snow blew this joint, well, that's my chance."

"Why is everything is the woods with you people?" Cruella asked enraged and stomped beside him. 

Elle snickered at the comment. While she loathed the women for trying to get rid of her when she first arrived in the Underworld, she could never deny that Cruella's words, while bitter, offered a good laugh or two.

James thought that to be humorous as well since he chuckled lowly. 

"Hello, darling," Cruella purred, "Fabulous job. Mummy's very proud of you, and I'll show you how much later on."

Elle gagged and Peter made a face, "Get a room why don't you."

Elle looked at Peter as he said it. His green eyes stared back at her for a second before focusing on the villainous duo. 

"First I need to do something," Cruella told him and walked up to Emma punching her across the face.

"Ooh," James winced.

"That's for killing me, darling," Cruella justified herself. 

"You're the reason she's down here tormenting me?" Elle asked Emma and Cruella replied, "Oh darling, I'll come after you next after if you so want to."