23: Tainted Love

There was something about the darkness. If one happened to stare at it long enough, they might make out figures and shadows. Elle placed her hand against the mirror and her reflection. She released a chilled breath and looked around. 

"Where am I?" Elle said to herself. 

Everywhere she turned, all she saw was her reflection. She brought her fists to the glass shattering it. She swore loudly as the blood trickled from her knuckles. As she removed the shards, she could not help but wonder what was happening. 

Her hands glowed and the wounds were healed. Her eyes widened as she held her hands in front of her. Did she do that? 

Then all at once memories flooded her mind. Like a kaleidoscope, images swirled and changed around her. Magic flowed through her veins as she watched flowers and vines grow around her. 

"Such beauty," a sinister voice said to her and she froze seeing a shadowy figure in front of her. 

"Who are you?" She demanded, "Show yourself."

She felt the shadowy hand go under her chin and lift her head up. Elle was silent and confused. 

"My beautiful flower," the voice echoed and Elle stepped away from it.

"You're not Peter," she said, "Who are you?"

The shadowy hand caressed her cheek. Its touch was cold and sent shivers down her spine. 

"Soon," the voice said in her ear, causing Elle to tremble, "Soon you'll be mine."

Elle's eyes slowly opened as she looked up to see Peter staring back at her. Her eyes watered as she spoke his name, "Peter?"

"Elle," Peter said as his face flooded with relief. 

She pulled his face towards her and ran her thumbs along his cheeks. Tears fell down her face. 

"What happened?" Elle asked him. 

"Sleeping curse," Peter told her. 

Elle's face flashed with fear at the mere thought. Henry almost died from it. 

"True love's kiss..." She said and Peter grinned. 

"I told you I would always stay with you."

"Thank you," Elle told him and then grew serious, "I saw someone."

"You saw someone?" Peter asked her.

"Yeah," she said, "It was a shadow figure. It was calling out to me. It was evil. You pulled me out just in time."

"Elle," Peter said wrapping his arms around her, "I'm not leaving anytime soon. You know that. I'll always be your knight in shining armour."

Elle smiled at his words. He was right. Peter Pan always is. She looked around seeing she was still lying on the ground. The camp seemed empty and unfamiliar. 

"Where are we?" She asked him. 

"We moved camps while you were asleep," Peter informed her, "The boys are out on a hunt and they took the boy with them."

Elle frowned at the mention of Henry. He distracted her from her thoughts when he let his hands move to her hips.

"It is just us two in the camp," he told her with a wink.

Elle's mouth curved up into a smile. She let her hands move from his face and move down his body. Peter immediately pinned her to a nearby tree. Her heart started racing by the action and he drew his face in.