New Phase Of Life

New phase of life.

          I was on the window seat of the bus. My heart felt heavy. I was on the journey to a new phase of my life. I was heading towards Chennai for my higher studies. My Mom was lying beside me. She had a tiring day helping me to pack my luggage. She must be tired. My dad was on the adjacent seat talking over the phone for some last-minute arrangements.

          First of all, let me introduce myself, I am Lia. Steffy, my mom is a lecturer in college. John, my dad, is a Physical Director. I am their only daughter. I am pet to both my mom and dad.

 I am pet to both my mom and dad

            A cold breeze brushed my face gently

            A cold breeze brushed my face gently. It made the most of my short hair become undone. I tucked it behind my ears. I turned towards the window. I looked at the moon. It was unusually sad. I could see my heart's feelings reflecting on the moon.

            On seeing the moon, my mind got drifted to the past few days.

            I was in a maths biology group during my high school. It was the course selected by the students who aim to become a doctor. I was also one among them. I always wanted to become a doctor so badly. I was so passionate. I prepared with full determination.  I got very good scores. I got a cut- off which is sufficient to get admission to a good medical college. I was so happy that I was finally going to be a doctor. But I was not aware that my dream was about to shatter into pieces.

         That year the government had changed the mode of admission for medical colleges. We were asked to write an entrance exam. Since I did not prepare for the entrance exam, I was not able to crack the exam. My parents were ready to get me a management seat. But I refused to do so because I was from a middle-class family. I don't want to spend my parent's hard-earned money to achieve my goals. It seemed selfish.

          So I made up my mind to do an engineering course. But still, the thought of not being able to become a doctor was haunting me. As I had good scores I got placed in a good institution that my dad wished for.

            Little did I know that it was a life-changing decision. I have to leave my parents.  I have to leave my home town, my comfort zone, everything. Chennai is about 13 hours travel from my home town.

          Leaving behind everything that comforts me, I was going far away from my parents to study a course that I literally don't know.  I am not at all interested in doing engineering. But life made me take that decision. My life was like a mess. I wondered why life can't be just like what we expect. It is always making our lives so miserable for us to live.

            A sudden break made me come back to reality. It was our dinner time. Since the bus takes 13 hours to reach Chennai, we were provided with a dinner stop. My mom packed 'chapathi' , an Indian food, for dinner while we left our home. She started to feed me that. The thought of not able to be with my family hit me so hard. I will miss them so badly. That very thought made my eyes moist. I don't want my mom to see my tears. So I blinked away my tears before she could see that.

           After dinner, I pretended to sleep hoping this night would never end.

Author's Note:

            This chapter is all about Lia's life. Her sad part is shown in this chapter. But I promise you, she is much fun to be with. We will get to know about her later in the upcoming chapters. Please support me. Please vote. The next chapter will be about Sam.