Chapter 6 - Music

Humming the soft tune playing from the record player you continue to man the front desk. Suddenly Angel sprawls himself on the desk. Ignoring the spider presence you continue to flip through the signature book. Angel lets out a groan to grab your attention which fails, standing up you place a few keys back on the rack and place on another track. Another groan fills your ears.

"Ok seriously, angel, what do you want?"

"Im bored!" Rolling your eyes you catch sight of Alastor passing through from the dining room. "I desperately want to tap that," snickering at Angels comment you shake your head.

"You need to leave him alone, eventually he'll send you to double hell,"

"Whatever... ugh can we stop this boring music?" Sighing you nod and take out the vinyl. "Now, let's play some real music,"

"If it's any of that disgusting shit I am rioting," leaning back in your chair you hear a song you haven't heard in years. "Is- is this Kesha?"

"Damn right it is," Cannibal by Kesha starts to play from Angels phone.

"How the hell did you get this song? Didn't you die in the 40s?"

"Sure did, but I have to stay up with the newest music-" snickering Angel looks at you confused.

"Angel, this song came out in 2010... this isn't new," Angels mouth drops making you burst into laughter. "Aw, its ok, old man,"

"Hey! Don't attack me... that shit hurts," He gives a pout as you stand on your chair and pat his head, even on a chair it was difficult. "Shortass,"

"Being short is a privilege,"

"You won't be saying that when you can't reach the top shelf," Frowning you sit back down and place on a new track. Angel turns up the music louder than yours making you growl and increase your music. This went on and on until both were at full volume, you two glaring at each other.

"Will you two turn that DOWN?!" You both stare at a fuming Vaggie.

"He started it!"

"Did not!" Alastor clicks his fingers and both sources of music stop.

"Hey!" Alastor grins as Vaggie thanks him, very hesitantly.

"Look, how about you both take turns playing your music?" Contemplating the solution you and Angel agree.

~~~

Vaggie's idea didn't work too well, obviously this gave Alastor the entertainment he wanted. "I can't take this anymore!" With your hair tussled Charlie walks in with her usual smile.

"I have a solution!" She announces.

"So do I," you pull out a knife from the drawer and point it at Angel.

"No..." Charlie takes the knife off you. "How about you make playlists for each other? Why don't all of us do that? It would be good for bonding!" Giving a unsure smile Charlie gives her usual puppy dog eyes.

"Damn you and your puppy dog eyes," you grumble and sit back down in your chair.

"Yay! Ok everyone take a name out of the hat... and make sure your playlist is fitting for the person!" Once everyone takes out a name you find yourself with Angels name. "Ok everyone figure it out, you have an hour," everyone disperses with phones in hand, Alastor kept staring down at his paper before grinning.

"Ugh," you place in earphones and scroll through songs, listening to a few seconds before deciding whether or not to add it to the playlist. After an hour passed you all reassembled. "Are we playing these out loud? Because I'm not sure anyone but Angel would like to here the songs I picked out for him,"

"Just give your phones to each other... Alastor where is your phone?" Charlie looks to the Radio demon who shrugs.

"I don't have one, my dear,"

"What? Why not?"

"Not exactly sure how to work one..." he says with a slight blush yet still keeping that smile on his face.

"Then how did you make a playlist?" Alastor conjures up a Vinyl in his hand. "Of course," as everyone hands around phones Alastor hands you the Vinyl.

"Thanks," walking to your turn table you pull out attachable headphones and set up the record. Sitting down in front of your record player you wait for the track to play. The first song comes on and immediately you recognise it.

Let's Misbehave by Swing republic

Smiling you lean your head on your hand and listen to the rest of the record. Once everything was over you take off your headphone just as everyone stopped listening to their playlist. "Y/n, where did you find these songs?" Angel says with a grin.

"I used to listen to some of them..." you try and hold back a blush as Angel grins.

"You listened to this stuff? Scandalous!" Angel takes out the earphones and a song starts playing which you recognise. "This is by far my favourite,"

Go fuck yourself by Two feet

"Yeah... you can stop playing it now!" The song continues just as the beat drops and the part came on making you blush almost as crimson as Alastors eyes. "God dammit," everyone slowly turns to you.

"2 minutes of pure gold," Angel wraps an arm around your waist as you bury your head in your hands. If possible Alastors grin seemed to grow larger as everyone else snickered.

"Have I ever told you that I hate your guts?" Angel thinks for a while before nodding.

"I think twice before,"

"Well make that three times because I hate your guts," Charlie grins and pulls everyone into a hug.

"Wasn't that such a great bonding experience?!" Getting squished between Charlie and Vaggie you mumble a 'sure'. "See you all at Dinner!" Finally being let go you could breathe. Going over to the record player you take out the vinyl and slip it in it's case.

"Did you enjoy the songs?" Looking behind you see Alastor with a less intense smile.

"Yeah! They were perfect, thank you," Alastor nods and walks away.

"Enjoy, darling!" Giving a subtle blush you nod and take the vinyl upstairs.

~~~

We love soft moments ☺️

- Anna ❤️