Chapter 29 - Frown for me

The end credits for Bambi rolls through, you hear a sniffle come from Husk. Turning to the cat demon you see him wipe away a tear.

"Aw, Husk, you ok?" He turns to you and nods with a stern face.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" You give him a big bear hug making his lips tremble. "Why did his mother have to die?! Tell me, kid, why?!" You chuckle and grab your father figures face.

"This happens in most Disney movies, dad," he frowns.

"Aren't these for kids?" Angel says, leaning his head to look up at you.

"Yeah, welcome to the world of Disney," Husks frown drops lower as you comfort him. Turning to Vaggie you see her comforting Charlie who was tearing up.

"Well, excellent cinematography!" Alastor stands up from his spot on the couch and straightens our his hair. "Quite an intriguing picture show," he quickly leaves the room and goes down the hall.

"Heartless son of a bitch," Husk grumbles and pulls you closer.

"Aw, cut some slack, dad,"

"He's heartless and sexy!" Angel cries with a smile.

"Oh, stop it you," you smooth back Angels hair making him grin. "Niffty, do you want help with dinner?"

"Oh, no, I'll be fine," she sniffles, scuttling our the room quickly.

"Aw, how about we go for a little break and then watch something less taxing on the soul?" Husk grumbles and agrees. "Alice in wonderland?"

"As in that children's book on crack?"

"I didn't know you could read!" You mock Angel who rolls his eyes and flips you off. "Yeah, theres a Disney version, not the Tim Burton one though..."

"Yeah, alright," Angel gets up and goes to the bathroom as everyone gets comfortable.

"I'll get Al," standing up you walk next door and lightly knock on the door. The door swings open to reveal the Radio demon smiling as usual.

"Yes, my dear?"

"We are watching Alice in wonderland soon, maybe while eating dinner! Wanna join?" He shakes his head.

"No thank you, you enjoy the show though," he goes to close the door only for you stop it with your foot. "Yes?"

"What's wrong?" He quirks a brow, keeping a jolly smile on his face. "Don't play dumb, let me in," he sighs and pushes the door further.

"Darling, it really is nothing," giving a stern look you push the door making him stumble back.

"Sit down, I know that movie upset you," he gulps and nods. Sitting beside you on the bed. "You don't always have to smile, Al, you can be sad, you know?" Giving a forced laugh he smiles.

"I'm always happy my dear, nothing in the world to be upset about!" Sighing you take his hand making him look down, a little confused.

"Everyone needs to cry sometimes, Al, even if it's because of a movie," you see his grin falter making you smile softly. "Give me a frown, a cry, something,"

"How can I? I should always smile, my dear! You know-"

"You're never fully dressed without one? Sometimes you need to undress- wait that sounded weird... you know what I mean though, right?" He gives a subtle nod. "Frown for me, Al, or at lest tell me what upset you," keeping his usual smile on he sighs.

"It obviously was the death of the doe that upset me," he grimaced at the thought.

"But... don't you hunt?" He scoffs.

"Not does, that goes against all rules of hunting especially when it's out of season! The pure idiocy is infuriating, to say the least-" you see his expression turn angry. "And don't get me started on using dogs to hunt, heavens that ruins the whole- whole idea of hunting! Oh it frustrates me!" He combs through his hair as his eyes water. "Dogs are a horrible weapon, and inhuman to use to hunt deers! I would know, I was killed-" he stops mid sentence.

"You were killed by hunting dogs?" He slowly turns to you, his face read as fearful making you tilt your lips. "You can talk about it,"

"Oh, my dear, we shouldn't get into that," he tries to compose himself, not noticing the tear escaping his eyes. Bringing your hand to his face you wipe it away leaving him slightly shocked at the emotion he just expressed.

"Vulnerability isn't a weakness, Al, it shows that bit of human that's left in you," you gently poke his chest making him blush. "And no cry is complete without a frown," he chuckles and shakes his head. "Come on, frown for me," you give a pout making him laugh.

"Don't pout, darling, it doesn't suit you," you hold back a smile.

"I'll stop pouting when you give me the best frown you can," shaking his head he sucks in a breath before giving a soft frown. "Not so bad?" He stops frowning a smiles again.

"Haven't done that in decades,"

"Well, it's a nice change," letting go of his hand you stand up. "So? Movie?" He nods but turns you around as you walk away, placing a soft kiss on your forehead making you blush.

"Thank you, mon Ange," you give a grin.

"Shouldn't you be calling Angel... well, Angel?"

"You know creole?" You shrug and take his hand.

"I know a few things," opening the door you see Niffty just get off the elevator. "What's cooking cute looking?"

"Casserole!" Opening the door for Niffty you walk in after her and the cart of food. Everyone's eyes light up at the smell of delicious food. Quickly putting on the Disney movie you sit back in your seat next to Al and get comfortable. Digging into your food the movie begins and soon everyone was entranced by the animation and plot of the movie.

~~~

I just- sighhhhhhhhhh (also the gif above is so satisfying to watch- the animation is perfect!)

- Anna ❤️