Chapter 16 - Running

Running down the cold and damp streets of hell you see the bright lights of the now named Hazbin Hotel. Clinging to Alastors coat you feel hot tears streaming down your face. Running to the front door you twist the doorknob only for it to stop. Sighing you realised it was locked. Burying your head in your hands you lean on the door, only for it to click and open wide. Falling back you hit the floor with a thud.

"What the fuck?" You see the shadow wave from door making you scream and stumble away. "Get away!" Taking your heel you throw it at the door. Sprinting for the elevator the shadow seems to frown as you slammed the close button.

Trying to calm down you dash out to your room the moment the doors opened. Shutting and locking the doors you do the same with the windows, using a towel you block up the cracks under the door. Pacing the room you see movement in the corner making you switch on all the lights.

"This can't be happening- what the fuck is happening?!" Looking into the shut off tv you straighten out your hair and sigh. "Ok... lets just... get out of these clothes..." slipping off the dress you felt self conscious, as if someone was watching, as if that shadow was watching. "I have to get out of here," slipping on casual clothing you pack a duffle bag with clothes and essentials. Staring down at Al's coat you let out a shaky breath. Looking out the window of your room you see the limo pull up and your friends frantically climbing out. "Fuck,"

Zipping up the bag you unlocked your door and dashed down the hall to the fire escape. Opening the window you quickly shut it and slide down the rails to the back alley. Sighing you open up your smaller bag and take out some money. "Who knew I would be good at disappearing?" Casually walking into the back streets of downtown hell you find a cheap hostel.

~~~

"So she just disappeared?"

"Oh sorry, do I need to shout it one more time?!" Husk grits through his teeth.

"Jesus Christ, no! I just-" Angel groans and plops down in the lobby chair. "How did she even get here so quickly?! She packed her shit and went!"

"Let's all calm down, she may come back soon let's just wait it out," Niffty pipes up, Charlie agreed.

"She may just be in shock, she'll be back,"  Husk huffs and rummages through the bar for more booze.

~~~

Finally settling in your mouldy room you look out at the view, seeing the top of the Hazbin Hotel in the distance. What were you doing?! You had no idea, you just needed to get away and stay away especially after what you did to Charlie. Looking down you had enough money for next months rent if this lasted that long...

~~~

"It has been two months! Where is she?!" Husk smashes another bottle against the wall as Vaggie groans.

"I would tell you if I knew!"

"Where is Alastor? Shouldn't he have some voodoo bullshit to help?!" Husker growls at Charlie who just entered the room.

"He said he's got nothing," Charlie helps Vaggie pick up broken glass but stops when Alastor walks in the room with his usual grin.

"Friends, I will be leaving for a short while, don't miss me too much," before anyone could interfere the Radio demon disappears from sight.

"Dick," Angel grumbles.

~~~

Sitting in the corner of your room you sighed and looked around the bright room before looking back down at the rent for this month. You had to get a job and quickly. Changing into your best clothes you made your way down into the Main Street, putting up your hood you scowered the street for job opportunities. Seeing a very 20s style bar you smile and see a help wanted sign. Immediately you were met with soft jazz and the smell of alcohol. Walking to the bar you lean over and catch the attention of the bartender.

"Hey, what can I get for you, doll?"

"Hi, I was actually looking for a job..." he nods and places down the cup he was drying. He nods for you to follow him into the back.

"Mimzy, I got another one," a plump woman looks up from her desk and gives a intimidating stare. You walk forward as the bartender leaves.

"This is a singing gig, darl," nodding she gestures for you to sit down.

"Perfect," she raises a brow and leans forward.

"Show me what you got," shifting slightly you nod and take a breath. The first song you could think of started to come out your lips.

"Will you still love me... When I'm no longer young and beautiful?" The woman's eyes widen as you close yours. "Will you still love me... When I've got nothing but my aching soul?" Taking a breath you continue. "I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will... Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?" You finish the verse and open your eyes as Mimzy smiles.

"You, my dear, are hired!" Smiling you thank her. "When can you start?"

"As soon as possible," Mimzy grins and nods.

"Come back here tomorrow at 5, you'll get paid at the end of each gig, oh and wear a nice dress," you nod and shake the woman's hand.

"Thank you...?"

"Mimzy, my darling, we go by odd names here so figure out a stage name and I'll go by that," you think for a second before replying.

"How does Nightingale sound?"

"Not as odd, but it works," nodding you open the door and thank her one last time.

~~~

Ta-da!(??) where is this book even going??

- Anna ❤️