Chapter 24 - Camping time

Packing the last of your clothes in a small bag you fit on your boots before locking your room. Rolling up the sleeves of your flannel you were soon in the lobby.

"Woohoo!" Charlie shouts for the hundredth time that day.

"Charlie, it's only camping," you place down your bag as Charlie holds in her excitement. "Where is Angel?"

"Here!" You turn to the spider who had very flashy camping gear on.

"Angel-"

"Aren't I sexy?" Opening your mouth, you decide against saying anything and nod instead. "Let's go!"

"Finally!" Charlie grabs Vaggie and dashes out the door. Smiling, you take your bag to the limo as Angel walked beside you with his fluffy pink suitcase.

"Who's driving?"

"That would be me," Charlie passes the keys to Al who catches them. You helped put Husks booze filled bag in the trunk as everyone piled into the limo.

"Husk, you don't need this much booze,"

"Yes I do! Leave me be," he grumbles. Rolling your eyes you shut the trunk only for it to reopen.

"The fuck?" Checking for any loose straps you groan and try shutting the trunk again. "Ok fine," clicking your fingers your shadow used all its force to close the trunk which locked immediately. "Magic," high fiving your shadow it disappears.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?" You look at Al who twirled the keys on his finger.

"Would you care to join me in the front?"

"Hell yea!" Quickly running to the passengers seat, Alastor chuckles. Buckling yourself in, Alastor adjusts the rear view mirror.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard Alastor express, please fasten your seatbelts! This announcement has been brought to you by Winston Cigarettes," you chuckle at Alastors excited radio host voice.

"Angel, buckle up,"

"I'll be fine," the spider whines.

"Angel, my dear, I do recommend you put on your seatbelt!" Angel rolls his eyes and slouches.

"No thanks,"

"Very well then," a mischievous smile plasters on the Radio demons face as he locks the doors and steps on the gas pedal, zooming down the road.

"ALASTOR!" You scream as he nearly avoids hitting pedestrians and other cars. Cries could be heard from the back as you reached the edge of the city. Suddenly Alastor slams on the breaks making you jump out your seat, only your seatbelt to save you. You hear a thud against the barrier between the main area and the driver.

"Fucking asshole!" Angel glares through the rear view mirror before stumbling back into his seat and strapping in. "Happy?"

"Immensely!" Alastor was soon on his way down the highway at a slower speed. "Sorry about that, my dear," he glances to you, who was a little disheveled.

"Couldn't you have proved your point without endangering us?!" He shakes his head and focused back on the road. "Stupid deer boy," you grumble. Sticking in the aux cord you start to play an electro swing cover of let's misbehave.

"Change the music!" Angel shouts from the back.

"Fine," you grumble and pass your phone to Angel who grins. "Oh fuck no," you hear one of the songs you put on Angels playlist come on. Wasabi by little mix. "God dammit, angel! Anything but this!"

"You know the lyrics, toots!" Grumbling you mumble the lyrics as Angel watches. "Sing it for me!"

"No! Change it!" Angel rolls his eyes and does as asked. Another one bites the dust by Queen comes on.

"Is this better?" You nod and get your phone handed back. "What even is this?" You deadpan to the spider who moved his hair out his face.

"This is the brilliant band called Queen! That's it we are listening to Queen," Vaggie fist pumps the air happily. "Sing it with me Vaggie!"

Another one bites the dust!

You both clap along to the beat of the song as Charlie listens happily, trying to join in. When the song ends you place on the classic Bohemian Rhapsody. A look of confusion passes over Alastor as he drives along the road, listening to the odd music. Nudging him slightly you sing along making his smile broaden.

~~~

Now at a gas station you all got out the limo for a stretch. Cracking your back you groan and head into the convenient store. Going down the aisle you take some crisps and candy along with a soft drink. Niffty scutters into the convenient store and grabs a giant can of red bull.

"Uh, Niffty, why are you getting red bull?"

"I always drink this!" You nod slowly, guess that explained her never ending energy. Placing your items on the counter Niffty hands her drink to you as Charlie and Vaggie walk into the store and quickly grab some drinks and snacks, placing them next to your things and walking out.

"Guess I'm paying..." hearing the car start back up you quickly grab more snacks for everyone else. Looking around the store you wait for a store clerk... not a demon in sight... grabbing a plastic bag from behind the counter you stuff the snacks and drinks in the bag and walk out casually. Sitting at the front again you pass the snacks to the back after taking out your own.

"Lets go!" Charlie says excitedly. Opening your bag of candy you hold one to Alastors lips but he shuts them tighter.

"Oh come on, you don't like candy?"

"Not a fan of sweets, my dear," you grumble and pop the gummy in your mouth. Taking out a disposable camera you open the bag of crisps and put a crisp to Al's mouth. This time he opens his mouth and nibbles on the crisp. Taking a picture of the demon with a crisp sticking out his mouth he rolls his eyes.

"Adorable," you mumble before turning to the back. "Say cheese, dweebs!" The flash goes off when everyone smiles or in Husks case, frown more. "Perfecto," sitting back down the journey continues until you start to feel tired.

"Sleep, darling, we have a while to go," nodding you curl up against the window and close your eyes. You feel a warm fabric cover your body, peaking open an eye you see Alastor still driving but without his coat on.

"Thanks,"

"You're very welcome," nuzzling your face in the fabric you slowly fall asleep as soft music played in the background.

~~~

I'm so tired also the quality of the art at the top of the chapter is- it's so bad idk why-

- Anna ❤️