Chapter 14 - Overlords

Letting out a nervous sigh you recheck yourself in the mirror one last time. You wore a floor length black dress with a slit, the top part wrapping around your neck. Even in heels you were short! Placing on maroon lipstick you fix your hair and the ruby necklace Al got you. Grabbing your purse and phone you walk out to the elevator and wait to reach the lobby where everyone was. The doors opened and you walked to the group who were waiting, Angel wolf whistled as you approached making everyone turned to you.

"Hey guys..." you shyly tuck a hair behind your ear. Angel wore a floor length fur coat/dress, Charlie wore a maroon overall skirt over a frilly blouse and bow tie, Vaggie wore a short dress similar to the one Al changed her into the day they met, Niffty wore a more fancy version of her 50s dress and Husk wore what he usually did, the same with Al, except he had a top hat on. "You guys look great!"

"Says you, toots,"

"Don't you have a coat or something?" Husk grumbles. "I don't want those overlords thinking things..."

"I'll be fine," you pat the cat demon on the head. "Don't worry," Husk gives a hesitant nod before walking out the door with everyone else.

"You look lovely," you grin at the radio demon who held out his arm.

"Thanks, you don't look too shabby, red," The demon chuckles and walks you to the limo... oh, you may be wondering where you all were going looking so fancy? Well, a few days ago, Lucifer had invited you all to a fancy get together with all the overlords in hell. Everyone but you was nervous the day the invite got sent out... but the roles reversed as of right now. Everyone was excited as your nerves built up.

~~~

When the grand doors opened everyone in the ballroom paid no mind to your groups arrival. That was of course until Lucifer himself greeted you all, that everyone turned to glance at the less than powerful group, not including Alastor. As Lucifer hugged his daughter the guests he was talking to seemed to watch with interest at the new comers.

"Y/n!" The demon king greeted you happily. You nerves subsided and you put on a smile.

"Hey there, Luci!" You give the ruler a big hug making the guests stand shocked at the interaction.

"I am so glad you all could make it," he turns to the radio demon and gives a fake smile. "Alastor, my good friend, long time no see,"

"Apparently, not long enough," the Radio host grits through a grin.

"Always the joker, please, enjoy," spotting a bar you quickly make your way over and ordered a soda.

"I haven't seen you around here before..." you look up from your drink and smile at two demons. "What's your name?"

"Y/n, nice to meet you...?"

"You don't know who we are?" You shake your head shyly. "You must be new to hell,"

"Two years now, sorry,"

"That's quite fine, I'm Velvet, this is Vox!" The doll demon gestures to the demon with a TV head.

"You're the exact opposite of Al," they look slightly confused. "You know, Alastor? The radio demon? You're the opposite because you're a TV demon?... And to think I was funny..."

"Oh! Sorry, doll, no one has ever called him Al before,"

"Figured... So, how long have you guys been in hell for?"

"Since the 50s, my dear," Vox replied as Velvet thought to herself. "I'm guessing Velvet here has no clue,"

"It seems like forever! But no longer then Voxy here," The doll nudges the demon making you laugh. She cups her hands and whispers to you. "He's an old man," you both snicker as the Tv demon rolls his eyes.

"Ah, Velvet, Vox, how are you?" Suddenly Alastor appears by your side, resting his hands on his microphone.

"Quite well, Al," the Radio demon twitches his eyes at The Doll demons nickname. "Aw, sorry I didn't know that nickname was taken,"

"Mhm," you look behind Al and see Charlie and Vaggie scolding Angel.

"Oh, sorry, I'll be back," walking away, the overlords eyes seem to trail after you.

"You've taken a liking?" Vox teases the Radio demon.

"Well yes, she is a friend,"

"But I think there's something more, Ali-boo," the doll sings.

"Don't call me that, Velvet darling," the Radio demon sneers.

"Aww don't like my nicknames but you blush at hers? I'm hurt," the doll demon laughs making the radio demon growl. "Oh! I've hit a nerve!"

"Lay off the old guy, Velv," Vox nudges the smaller overlord making her grin. "So why did you give her the necklace?"

"Necklace?" The doll quirks a brow.

"Alastors precious ruby necklace... saw it once but I'll never forget it," The Tv demon grins.

"I'm not sure what you mean, my good friend,"

"Friend my ass, you like the bitch!" Suddenly the demons microphone raised itself up to the Tv demons neck.

"Do not refer to her with such a foul word," the Radio demon growls.

"Oh! This is getting interesting!" The doll demon claps happily as everyone stared at the scene. Turning to away from a brooding Vaggie you see static filling the space around the three overlords.

"Well, shit," you quickly make your way over to the group. Placing a hand on the radio demons shoulder he seems to tense up at your voice. "Hey, what's going on?"

"Oh, nothing, just a small disagreement, darling," Al lowers the mic and turns to you. "Nothing to worry yourself with. Isn't that right?" He glares at the doll and tv with a stern smile.

"Oh, yeah, nothing to worry about! Say, Y/n, would you like to dance?" You turn to the Tv demon and shrug.

"Sure," taking the demons hand and being led away to other demons who danced, Velvet grinned at a furious Al who kept his cool on the outside.

"Aw, cheer up," the Doll overlord pats the Radio host on the cheek before walking away. He watched as you happily chatter and danced with his rival.

~~~

Ashley getting flustered is the funniest shiz!

- Anna ❤️