Chapter 18 - Alley

Smiling at tonight's crowd you left the stage and went back to your dressing room. Going through your routine you collect your pay from Mimzy and head out the back. Clutching your bag tight you stumble into two demons much larger than you.

"Hey there, sweet cheeks,"

"We loved your singing..."

"And the way you moved your body," you cringe at the demons.

"Uh... thanks," clutching your bag tighter you walk further down to the Main Street.

"We ain't done here, sugar," the large demon grabs your arm tight making you squirm.

"You don't want to do that," you warn. The other demon laughs.

"And why not?"

"Because you'll get hurt," you grumble, finally able to take back your arm from the creeps.

"I think we'll take our chances," rolling your eyes you sigh and walk away quickly. One of the sleezy demons grabs your arm and pushes you up against the damp wall. "Sing for us, baby," suddenly dread fills you as you see one of the demons take out a gun. Memories from your death flash back and forth in your mind making your face drain of colour.

"Please let me go," you keep up a brave act as the demons laugh.

"Not until you give us a little show," the other demon uses his claw the slash at the fabric of your blouse. You whimper as he slices your skin.

"Please s-stop, I'm w-warning you," they let out dark laughs making you close your eyes. "Please... no," you sniffle and turn away your face as one of them sniffs your hair in a creepy manner.

"Like candy," suddenly he grabs your hair making your yell in pain. "Shut up, slut," focusing your energy you feel the grasp of your hair falter as the demons back away. Falling to the ground you hear the sound of bodies slamming up against the wall. "What the hell?!" You hear the cracking of bones making you flinch. When silence fills the air you cuddle up against the cold wall and silently sob, not wanting to open your eyes to see whatever your shadow did.

"Y/n?" You feel a hand place itself on your shoulder making you whimper. "My dear, what happened?" The Radio demon looks at the two demons who were lifeless on the ground. He looks up at the disappearing shadow and pieces it together. "Darling,"

"You shouldn't see this- you shouldn't see me like this," you mumble through a sob.

"It's alright, there is nothing to be scared of," carefully he places a hand on your shoulder this time you didn't move away giving him an ok. Kneeling down he cautiously takes you into his arms and picks you up along with your things. "Let's get you back to the hotel,"

"No!" You look up into his crimson eyes. "No, please... just take me back to my apartment... Elm street... the crappy building, flat 6..." you sniffle. After a wave of lightheadedness passed you were in your room. Alastor places you down on your bed. "Thank you..." you support yourself against your bed frame and let out a shaky breath.

"When will you return to the hotel?" You stop picking at your palm and look up at a weird sight... Alastor wasn't smiling... not even a frown, just a neutral face.

"I- I don't know," looking down you feel Alastor sit down beside you. "I've been gone for so long, my presence shouldn't really matter,"

"But it does... we all miss you dearly..." the radio demon hesitated for a second. "I miss you dearly," looking up at the Radio demon you see him staring at the wall with a slight blush.

"Really?" He gives a small nod. "Why?"

"Because in all honesty, you are the only decent company in that damned place," smiling to yourself you nod. "So... will you come back?" Thinking for a while you nod.

"Yeah... I think I should face them now,"

"Wonderful!" His usual smile plasters itself back on his face. You take his hand as he suddenly looks down at the large cut on your shoulder. He seems to stare down at it for a while, you could swear you saw him lick his lips.

"Al? You alright?" Looking at your shoulder realisation hits you. "I should deal with that," walking to the bathroom you take a damp towel and press it against the slash. Sighing you dab around the cute to rid it of the dry blood. Slowly the towel turned a dark red all around, wringing out the towel the bloody water falls into the sink. Looking up you see Alastor watching you intently. "You alright?"

"What? Oh yes, quite alright, my dear! Let's get you back," nodding you quickly pack up your things and and shut off the lights. Taking his arm you feel a little light headed and soon you were in front of the Hazbin Hotel.

"How long until Charlie notices you changed the hotel name?"

"Soon, I think," you chuckle as Al opens the door for you.

"Alastor! Did you change the hotel name?!" You hear charlie yell when the door shut.

"Sooner than you thought?" Alastor smiles as you placed down your bag.

"Al- Y/n?" Charlie's eyes seem to water as she quickly runs towards you and hugs you tight. "Oh, Y/n, I missed you so much! I'm so sorry,"

"Why are you sorry?" You pull back from the hug to see Charlie sniffling.

"Because if I hadn't accepted that invitation to my dads party none of this would have happened!" She quickly embraces you again.

"Charlie... you're thinking too much about this, it would've happened eventually," wiping a tear from her rosy cheeks she nods. "But I'm back! I'm sorry it took so long... I just needed time-"

"Y/n?! You bitch!" You look up to see Angel charging at you. He was quick to tackle you to the ground. "Where the fuck have you been?! I missed you so much!" Hugging back the spider you see the others walk in hurriedly.

"I missed you too, Angel,"

"Kid!" Getting up off the ground Husk, Niffty and Vaggie crowd around you and hug you tight. "You son of bitch, why did you leave?!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do," closing your eyes and hugging the cat demon tight he sighs.

"We could have helped," he grumbles, placing his head on yours, avoiding your small horns.

"I know..." sighing you pull back from the group hug.

"Where have you been staying?" Vaggie crosses her arms.

"Some crappy apartment on Elm street,"

"Where did you get the money from?" Angel asked suddenly.

"I used my pay check from here and got a job at a club- and no it was not a strip club," you quickly add to stop Angels next comment. "I just sang there at night," they nod in understanding.

"Where did you find her?" Charlie turns to Alastor who was watching quietly.

"Alley behind the club," Charlie quirks a brow at you.

"Why were you there?" You stumble over your words at the sudden question.

"I think Y/n is a little fatigued, I think a goodnights rest is what she needs," giving a thankful nod to Al he holds out his arm for you to take.

"I'll talk to you guys in the morning," giving one last hug to everyone you walk with Al to the elevator.

~~~

Yay! 🧃

Yay! 🧃

- Anna ❤️