Chapter 34 - News report

Enjoying the treat in your hand you make your way back to the hotel. As music played in your headphones you see a shadow pass over your head. Looking up you see a giant blimp just approaching the hotel.

"Oh, god dammit," now fast walking to the hotel doors you look back and see the demon snake. "What are you doing back?!"

"I'm here to get my revenge!" He hisses through his microphone. Letting out a sigh you place down you pastry and summon your shadow. "What the fuck is that?" You started to get annoyed from his hissing and grumbled.

"It's a shadow, dipshit, ever heard of one?" He goes to reply but you sent your shadow to tower over the balloon and slash through the exterior. Looking down you see your pastry missing, being taken away by a giant rat. "MOTHER FUCKER!" You growl and stare at a scared sir pentious.

"S-stop! I command you!" He dodges a flying pipe that got loose in his machine.

"That was the last chocolate croissant!" He cowers as your shadow helps you through the broken glass of the main cockpit.

"I didn't take it!" He throws an egg boi at you which you dodge.

"But you made me put it down!" You growl and grab him by the collar.

"I'm s-sorry!" You spin him around and toss him out the broken window and sigh in content at his scream and the blunt thud. Walking through the sliding doors you see a kitchen and grin. Two eggs were enjoying a cup of coffee but panic when they see you.

"Calm down, I just want food," they nod and go back to chatting as you open the large box of pastries. "Not bad... mind if I take all of these?" The egg bois shrug and shake their heads. "Want any?"

"Sure," they take a donut each and let you go. Walking through the unstable balloon you walk to the edge of the window and jump down onto the hotel awning, bouncing off and onto the ground.

"Good job," you high give your shadow and watch as the balloon crashes to the ground and explodes. A few passerby's stood shocked as the hotel residents rush out in a panic. "Hey guys! I got some snacks," you open the box as everyone peers behind you to see the wreckage and a passed out sir pentious. "Ignore that, he was being a dick,"

"I-..." Charlie looked disturbed but sighed and nodded. "Can I have the donut?" You hand her the pink glazed donut as everyone happily picked out a snack. Taking out a raspberry tart and place it next to the fallen snake and pat his head.

"Thank you..." he mumbles, face to face with the ground.

"You're welcome, old man," he grumbles a swear and continues to face the ground.

"You continue to impress me, Mon Ké," you grin as Alastor places a kiss on your head.

"I'd hope so," you take his hand and walk with everyone back into the hotel.

~~~

A loud knock was heard from the front door of the hotel. Getting off from your spot on the couch you open the door only to be met with cameras. Slamming the door shut Angel walks in looking confused.

"There- there are people with cameras outside!" You squeak.

"What do they want?" You shrug with furrowed brows. Slowly opening the front door a blinding flash goes off.

"Miss! Are you a new overlord?" A demon with a stereotypical reporter outfit on holds a microphone to your face.

"Uh... no..."

"How long have you been in hell?" A woman barges in.

"Long enough to know not to trust you lot," you grumble and go to close the door but was stopped by another demon.

"What's your name?"

"Joe," you say in a monotone voice. The reporter quirks a brow before asking what your last name was. "Mama,"

"Joe... mama? Joe- oh for Lucifer sake!" You snicker at the demons realisation.

"Have a nice afternoon!" You slam the door in their faces and burst into laughter as Angel joins in. "I am hilarious,"

"Yes you are,"

~~~

Rumours arise as a new contender enters the field! Could this demon be a new overlord looking to take over some territory in hell? We sure fucking hope so! More news to cover so stay tuned-

The tv switches off as Katie Killjoys dialogue was cut. A small goat demon shook slightly as he held a small notebook in the corner of the large dimly lit room. "Alexander,"

"Y-yes sir?" The goat demon squeaked.

"Looks like we have a new option..." low unintelligible whispers filled the room making the goat demon whimper.

"W-would you like to set up a m-meeting with her?" The whispers disappear as if a switch was flicked.

"Hmm... yes, start planning for her arrival," the goat nods and quickly writes down plans. "You are dismissed," Alexander nods quickly and scuttles out the door as fast as light. "I can't wait to have you here, Miss L/n..." a low sadistic laugh fills the room, fading out slowly as the door of the office closed.

~~~

Dun dun dunnnnnnn

Dun dun dunnnnnnn

- Anna ❤️