Chapter 38 - Remind me

You sob quietly to yourself, looking out to the view of the distanced city. A sudden knock makes you jump and back up against the wall.

"Miss? It's me Alexander," you sigh in relief and tell him to come in. "I'm sorry, Boss said you got injuries from the thorn bushes in the garden, I have a medical kit,"

"Y-yeah..." you sit down on the couch, Alexander walking up to you quickly and inspecting your cuts and bruises.

"Miss... I don't mean to pry... but these don't look like thorn cuts," you chuckle softly and shake your head. "Was it... was it boss' doing?"

"Yeah... I- I tried to escape," he sighs and nods in understanding. He quickly walks to the bathroom and damps a towl before coming back and removing the dried blood. Taking out rubbing alcohol he cleans the wound but stops when you wince. "It's ok, I'm fine," he continued to tend to the wounds in silence until he spoke up.

"I'm sorry about this..." you look down at the fidgeting goat demon. "I should have gone against his request... but I would have gotten the brunt of his rage... I'm sorry for thinking about myself first-"

"Alex, you don't need to apologise for doing your job..." he nods and wraps a bandage around your shoulder. "Why do you work for him?"

"I sold my soul to him in my mortal life..." Alex mumbled quietly. "It was all to impress the love of my life... that was until I realised she only loved me for the money Boss had granted me," Alexander sighed sadly at the memory.

"I'm so sorry..." he shakes his head and chuckles.

"Not your fault, Miss,"

"Please, call me Y/n," he smiled softly and nods. You two chatted quietly as he treated every wound and bruise on your body. "Thank you, Alex,"

"You are very welcome, Y/n," he hops off the chair and leaves the room quietly.

~~~

"Where the hell is that damn strawberry pimp?!" Angel grunts as everyone drove down the dark road, surrounded by tall trees.

"There!" Charlie sped up the car and pulled beside a slightly disheveled Alastor who stopped to catch his breath. "Al, why the hell are you running there? Can't you teleport?"

"There is something blocking my powers," he grumbled, his smile falling slightly, which worried the hell out of Husk who had helped him into the car.

"Everyone is a little behind, they'll catch up," Niffty informs the group on the other overlords location. "Apparently their powers are weak here too,"

"Charlie, please, drive quickly," Alastor mumbled as he leaned against the leather seats. The demon belle nods and steps on the gas.

~~~

Song: Lovely by Billie Eilish (with Khalid)

"Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here..." you sing quietly to yourself, tears running down your face and onto the soft pillow. "Even if it takes all night or a hundred years..." sniffling you stare at the red sky. "Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near... Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear..." you choke on a sob and continue the song. "Isn't it lovely? All alone... Heart made of glass my mind of stone..."

"Y/n?" You jump at the voice of your shadow.

"You're- you're alive!"

"I can't die silly... I just get... weak... that damn angel nearly ruined me," it grumbles and sits beside you on the bed. "I'm sorry I could be there to protect you," it hugs you tight which you return.

"I miss them..." you let out the held in emotions and sob into your shadows shoulder. "I miss him... I miss Al... so much..."

"I know... it will all be fine, any day now..." it looks up at the setting pentagram.

~~~

"Well what now?" Angel stares up at the large iron gates that connected to two large stone walls, surrounding the property.

"Let me try something," Husk finished his bottle of booze and threw it at the giant locks holding the gate shut.

"My turn," Valentino walks up to the locks and uses his claws to slash through the metal only to cry in pain. "My nails!"

"Imbeciles," Vox face palms as everyone stood thinking. Alastor walked up the gate and reached his hand behind the gate and into the property. Feeling a surge of power in his hand his grin widens as he blasts the locks open. Stepping in he feels all drained power re-enter his body. His shadow appears behind him as he bangs his microphone on the gravel and runs towards the giant mansion.

"Not again, Alastor!" Rosie shouts after her friend who summons a portal and jumps through, reappearing at the doorstep of the house. Knocking swiftly Alexander opens the door and squeaks.

"Hello, would this be Mephistopheles house?"

"Y-yes... why do you ask?"

"Oh... no reason," Alastor uses his shadows to restrain the goat demon. "Just need to deal with a little business..."

~~~

You ate silently across from Mephisto who was trying his best to start up conversation. You hummed every now and then until he sighed in defeat.

"My darling, I'm sorry for my outburst, I never intended to hurt you... you just made me incredibly frustrated!" He walks over softly as you cowered in your chair in fright. "I've given you all this, and yet you want to escape!" He leans down and takes your hand. "I only wish to make you happy, my love,"

"Happy?" You sniffle as he nods. "I was happy before you kidnapped me! I had an amazing boyfriend and a family I would die a second death for! I was happy then!"

"My love-"

"Don't call me your love!" You let tears stream down your face as you retracted your hand. "I'm not your love... I'm Alastors love, I love him! Not you! You- you psycho!" Mephisto frowns and stands up.

"It will take time for you to adjust-" a giant explosion goes off in the foyer making you both jump. "What in the nine circles?!" Mephisto seems to take out a blade you saw angels carry during extermination. "Stay here," he growls.

"Y/n! My darling where are you?!" You sigh in relief at Alastors static filled voice. Mephisto marched into the foyer and pointed his blade at the new comer. "You must be Mephistopheles! My, quite a character you are indeed!"

"You must be Alastor,"

"Yes indeedy! Pleasure to finally meet you," Alastor creates a portal with shadow tentacles flying out and capturing the fallen angel in his grasp. "I'm sorry for my sudden appearance, but I just need you to remind me who the fuck you think you are!" Alastors eyes turn into radio dials as Mephisto struggled with the shadows.

"Let me go!" The captor growls. Alastor lets out a loud and mocking laugh.

"I don't think so," Mephisto seemed to phase through the shadows all of a sudden leaving The Radio Demon shocked. The fallen angel stalks over to Alastor with the angel blade in hand. Using a swift move Alastor catches the hand and dodges the blade.

"Leave now, and you may make it out alive,"

~~~

I use this image as much as I can 😌

- Anna ❤️