Chapter 26 - Forgivness

Staring up at the roof of your tent you seem to make out shadows passing by outside in your peripheral. Turning to your side you sigh and curl up in your sleeping bag. Thoughts ran through your mind for the past few hours... yes, Alastor was a serial killer in his past life, hell, he still was! The all powerful Radio demon, who broadcasted his carnage across hell, decades before you got here... why did it shock you when he killed a mere deer?! It scared the shit out of you... that side of him... that was the side most people saw, not the soft polite side he showed around you.

"I can't take this," you mumble and quietly unzip your tent. Seeing your cold breath you shiver and wrap your jacket tighter around you. Walking over to the limo you get on top of the trunk and lean back. "Supernatural vibes..." your shadow snickers as you place on soft music, not your usual jazz... more slow night time music. Things deemed as aesthetic.

We found each other...
I helped you out of a broken place

Softly singing to yourself your shadow sits beside you.

You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake

Continuing the song you feel a tear slowly leave your eyes.

I put you on top, I put you on top
I claimed you so proud and openly

Closing your eyes and letting the tears trickle down your face your voice quiets down.

And when times were rough, when times were rough
I made sure I held you close to me...

Leaning your head back you sniffle as the chorus comes on.

So call out my name (Call out my name)
Call out my name when I kiss you so gently
I want you to stay (Want you to stay)
I want you to stay even though you don't want me

Clenching your fists you hold back some of the endless tears.

Girl, why can't you wait? (Why can't you wait, baby?)
Girl, why can't you wait 'til I fall out of love?
Won't you call out my name? (Call out my name)
Girl, call out my name, and I'll be on my way and
I'll be on my—

"Kid?" Your eyes snap open and you turn to Husk who had walked out his tent. Your Shadow disappears as you grab your phone and turn down the music.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"I was actually already awake... you alright?" You nod and wipe away a stray tear. "Don't lie to me, kid," sniffling you drop your head and move to the side for Husk to sit.

"I'm just having a casual cry... nothing to worry about," pulling your knees to your chest Husk moves closer to you and wraps his arms around you. You hug back as his wing pulls you closer. Both of you sat there as quiet music played in the background. Eventually he stops the hug and looks you in the eyes.

"Want to talk about it?" You shrug.

"It's just Al..." he quirks a brow. "Uhm... when we went to get wood he saw a deer-"

"And killed it?" Husk finishes your sentence leaving you a little shocked. "Left you a little shaken up?" You give a sad nod making Husk shake his head. "That son of a bitch can't help himself,"

"Does he do this often?"

"He killed for a living, deer is just another one of his 'prey'," you gulp at Husks confession. The cat demon sighs as you lean your head against his arm. "Forgive him..."

"That's the thing... I already have, not in person but- yeah," Husk smiles softly.

"You like him don't you?" You stumble over your words making the demon chuckle. "I may be a drunk but I'm not oblivious,"

"Is it obvious?"

"Don't think so... I may be the only one with brains... everyone is as clueless as the other," softly laughing you nudge the cat demon who smiles, looking up at the dark red sky.

"Thanks, Husk..."

"No problem," giving him one last hug he jumps off the limo and looks at you seriously. "Whenever you need to talk, I'm here... I think that's my role as your self appointed father," laughing he gives one last hug before ruffling your hair. "Promise to come to me?"

"Promise," you pinky swear with the demon who smiles.

"Staying out here for a little longer?" You give a nod as Husk says goodnight and goes back to his tent. Letting out a held in breath you tune back into the music. A twig snaps making you turn to the newcomer who greets you.

"Hello," you look back down at the ground.

"Hi..." Alastor stood awkwardly next to the limo. "What can I do for you?" You awkwardly pick at your palms.

"Listen to my apology, and in the end hopefully accept it?" You nod for him to continue. "I'm very sorry for my actions... I wasn't aware of the consequences and disregarded your feelings by prioritising my entertainment," he slowly comes closer and leans against the side of the limo. "Tonight you saw a side of me that I hoped you never would because I know it disgusts many people..."

"Why did you do it?" He looks up to you.

"Instinct,"

"Did it taste good?" He tenses up. "The deer blood,"

"Yes..." you give a curt nod before looking back to the ground.

"I forgive you," Alastor sits a bit shocked before composing himself.

"Thank you," you open your arms up for a hug which he accepts.

"Just don't do it again," he nods and hugs you tighter. You pull back from the hug and take his hand in yours as he places his other on your waist. Turning up the slow music you sway back and forth as he tries to get used to the weird tune. "You listening to modern music is adorable," you mumble before placing your head on his chest.

"It is a bit odd," you chuckle in agreement. Feeling a kiss being placed on your head you blush and look up at the Radio demon who had soft smile. Going on your tip toes you place a kiss on his nose making him blush. Continuing to sway back and forth eventually you both went back to your tents when you got tired. By that time the pentagram was starting to rise, leaving little time to sleep.

~~~

Two chapters in one day?!?! I must be feeling generous

Two chapters in one day?!?! I must be feeling generous... or I have an announcement...

ITS IMPORTANT!

I, Anna Watson, have posted another Alastor x reader called Voodoo because I just can't stop writing! Please check it out if you enjoy this book!

- Anna ❤️