Chapter 5

I was awake when the knocking got my attention

I was awake when the knocking got my attention. I frowned at the white wooden door but soon enough the door is unlocked and pushed open.

If this were old me, I would laugh at the pink curlers in Belinda's blonde hair. The glare on her face didn't faze me as she shut the door and walked over. I smirked as I shut my laptop and leaned back into the bed of pillows.

"Good morning. I take it you found my surprise. Quite early though isn't it? To check on your car?"

"Camille," she takes a breath in trying to reign in her anger. Though I'd love to make her loose her cool, I was tired myself from last night and I'd rather poke her buttons in front of my father to see his face as she snapped at me.

"Yes?" I ask sweetly.

Her icy blue eyes snap to mine. "If your father finds out you did this, he won't forgive you. He will send you back to live with your mother. And frankly I don't want that." I roll my eyes openly. "If he knows that you damaged my car he will most definitely snap at you. Because it was his name on that paper and since I could make sure no false rumours spread, he let you off. He let you lash. But now it's time to stop. Because there will be some real consequences next time."

"You mean for your totalled car or the headline on a few more magazines?"

She smirks, "I made sure you won't be meddling with news writers anytime soon. Now they can actually write real stories."

"They sure will." My own smirk must set her off because she drops hers.

"Just don't do anything else Camille. If you can't help it, tell me. We can put you in a good institute that will cure you." She clasps her hands in front of her, playing the role of a caring saint.

I laugh, "You'd love to get rid of me don't you? Don't worry I won't be going anytime soon. Like I said to my father, I am established here thanks to you guys. Don't pluck me out so soon. They'll surely be suspicious."

"I-" she stops suddenly. "I will let this go for now." She finally leaves and I make a mental note to either change that lock or stick a key in there to prevent her from accessing it from the outside.

It's still 5.30am so I finish sending my emails and read for a while before getting ready for school. I walk down the staircase and plan on skipping breakfast when I'm stopped by my father who waits at the bottom.

"Tell me you didn't actual crash Belinda's car last night."

"Okay then, I didn't." I shrug.

"God damn it Camille!" his eyes are dark and beyond furious. His composure has lost its normal cool and then I knew this had indeed ruffled his god damned fucking peacock feathers. I refrain from letting out my full blown grin.

His voice then lowers, as if he's trying to keep it a secret between the two of us. "What is wrong with you? What has gotten in to-"

"Eric no!" Belinda's voice rings through the large house. She hurries down the staircase in her six inch heels which would have been impressive had she not also been a model before a fashion designer.