Chapter 17

I wake to my iPhone ringing off its proverbial hook

I wake to my iPhone ringing off its proverbial hook. Annoyed at the early interruption of my much needed sleep, I bark at the person on the end of the line.

"What?!"

"Check the link I sent you. And pick up your god damn phone next time." Vivian counters back as equally enraged as me.

I huff out a breath, sitting upright and clicking on the link Vivian had sent to me 20 minutes ago. It was 5am and I was still bone tired for yesterday's exhaustion. I get up and stride into my bathroom, when the page finally opens.

It was the school paper's website. A special edition article had come out this morning just 30 minutes ago. The title stood, bold and loud.

'Queen B is back! And are the Royals in shambles?'

A picture of Rose walking out of the cafeteria held front and centre of the article, her face contorted in anger or...pain.

'Rose Carson our beloved queen of Thornton Preparatory might actually be back on her throne. But that isn't the real highlight of this week's events.

Monday morning the rumour mills had definitely been spinning its wheels trying to find out what is going on. The group was seen walking away from Camille one by one after some talking. Later, everyone seemed to be giving Camille the cold shoulder, not that she seemed to care. The group had sat reluctantly together and left abruptly after the briefest contact with Camille Sanders. Rose was seen to elbow Camille on her way out as Vivian ran behind her. Michael and she seem to talk for a moment before he left Katrina and Camille to talk. And under two minutes the ice princess herself was leaving with an odd look thrown at the newbie sitting comfortably alone at the Royals' table. What did she say to unnerve the royals?

Yesterday morning, after the rumours spread rapidly about the attention seeking whore Camille Sanders, everyone knew Rose wasn't on board with the bad girl in our school attaching herself to her best friend and her group. She definitely tried to take a stand that morning.

But come lunchtime the dark haired newbie walked in with Vivian Evora in tow. She basically sent everyone a mass text saying Vivian Evora was now her best friend. And Vivian didn't seem too comfortable with the notion seeing as she tried to escape being seen with Camille.

Something has definitely gone down between the Royals group. Katrina Wallin herself only sitting there in her seat occasionally after physical assault she endured by the rebel's hand, making it even more easier for her too wreak havoc without the current Queen Bee around.

And everyone was shocked and surprised to see the former Queen Bee throw the drink at Vivian Evora, brought by Vivian herself. And then still have enough to dump on Camille Sanders head!

Nobody had ever been close enough to the elusive table to hear their conversations but we all knew what she told Katrina as she left.

'"And you can have my seat because you so desperately want it. You already got my title, didn't you?"'