Chapter 8

Warning: Mention of mental illnesses

Vivian Evora was one persuasive bitch. She had already convinced me to go shopping with her and Rose tomorrow afterschool. I wonder if Isaac or Michael told her I had dirt over her best friends. If she knew, she didn't show.

"I found this very chic boutique in the mall the other day. It had some really good French designs. Obviously not as great as my mother's but not bad."

"That's a huge compliment coming from you." Rose comments.

I learned that Vivian loved her mother. She was crazy proud of her and spoke of her anytime possible. She also loved clothes thanks to her.

Rose on the other hand hates her parents but pretends she doesn't. But one phone call from her mother had her in a Grinch mood. Hence Viv the mediator stepped in and suggested this shopping trip as therapy.

I hated shopping. And because I was known to be annoying and grumpy about trying out a million different outfits, my mother eventually bought my clothes. Big mistake I realised later. So I did the shopping part myself. Simply checking my size, then buying the things I like with that size. If it turned out oversized, I worked with it. 

I rarely found anything too small because I was small. Still am. I am too thin, underweight and completely lacking muscle. It got worse when I stopped eating properly after the divorce bomb dropped. That and my break up. But that's a story for another time.

"I know. And I mean it. They have some really cute dresses. We can find some for future parties."

I raise an eyebrow, "Future parties?" I shut my locker and shifted my folder to one hand.

"Yeah. As juniors we're going to be throwing some great parties. And since this is Thornton...well expect the best of the best. Especially at Michael's."

"I doubt you'd get the invite though." Rose snickered. Her blonde hair was in beach waves over her shoulders.

I nod, "Me too Rose, me too. But I'm not begging to get invited to some fancy party with a guest list." My red lips stretch. "But if I wanted in, I could easily get in." the promise in my voice was almost threatening.

"Ladies." Isaac's voice filters through as he walks from behind us and stops with a smile.

Vivian smiles back and Rose nods, "Oh hey."

"Hello." I give a knowing smile.

"I just came to burrow Sa- Camille here." Ah how good of Michael to tell him not to call me by my horrendous birth given last name.

Rose reacts first, "Oh?"

"Don't you two have class now?" he asks them.

"Alright Mr Secrets, bye!" Viv drags Rose away and I stare at the fair-haired Brit. The hallway clears slowly and he looks down at me.