Chapter 19

The next day I had managed to snag some more details of the wedding to happen

The next day I had managed to snag some more details of the wedding to happen. Well not snag, since I was informed properly.

We were having breakfast when they announced the wedding plans.

"We'll be having it at the Palace on the 26th, which is in exactly a week from now." I chewed harshly on my bacon as I listened with a look of disgust. "I'll be giving you all dresses to wear, from my winter collection. And yes that includes you to Camille."

"How generous."

"Yes, well, considering you tried to ruin my career, it's the least you could do to publicise my dresses."

"Don't you have a runway to do that?"

"Oh but what better place than my own wedding?" I roll my eyes at her mock enthusiasm. That woman was on her third marriage, she can't possibly be this excited. It's probably the idea of revenge on me.

Oh silly bitch. Like I would ever do anything to help you.

"It'll be amazing mom. I can't wait to model the dress for you!" Caroline cooed after her mother. Madeline nodded. And I rolled my eyes again. I was going to lose my eyes at this point.

I finished my breakfast and stood up, "Well, send the dress up to my room when the time comes." I walk out of the dining room.

"Oh no." I refrain from rolling my eyes again and turn back.

"Why, what now?" my lazy eyes scanned her face.

She smiled lightly, "You have to come to the fitting. We can't just guess your size, seeing as you have a habit of," she turned to my empty plate, "stress eating."

"Oh do forgive me Bells for eating like a normal person. But I'd rather not starve myself like you and your daughters."

She glares, "Well get ready, the fitting is today. Those sweatpants don't even belong to this year."

I walked away then, lest I suffer more depredatory comments about my fashion sense of which I had no knowledge of. It's a good thing I had shopped at the big brand stores before.

I changed into a white shirt with ripped jeans and pulled over a trench coat and called it a day. I could shut up her blonde highness any day anyway.

The four of us piled into the black SUV and Albert drove us to Belinda's office. It was quiet so I plugged on my ear buds and let the shuffle play until we got there. The building was large and at the reception I saw that she owned three of the floors for Evan Co.

The building itself I knew was owned by Thompson Real Estate and the 70 floor building had many notable companies' offices including my dad's company now, Sanders Enterprises.

It was impressive in a disgusting way how fast he'd climbed up the social ladder and the business one as well. Guess sleeping with his investor got him more bargains than he could ever imagine.