Chapter 6

Getting detention certainly got their attention

Huh that rhymed. Anyway, Wednesday was a blast, but unfortunately I couldn't continue the tirade the following days. But I had indefinitely turned some heads.

Especially when cocky two faced Michael was suddenly congratulating me with a smirk in the hallway alongside Vivian rolling her brown eyes while she shook her head. Rose stood scanning me up and down fixing her blonde hair, with Isaac leaning against the lockers with a half-smile that hid some secret that only the five of us were supposed to know.

I guess I surprised them all, but they admitted to breaking the rules ever so often. However the staff knew not to mess with them now because they were practically royalty. That same popularity and admiration or fear, was now extended to me thanks to Viv making me her friend despite insulting all of her friends at least once. It's not like they tried either. But now?

Now I was sitting with the so called 'royalty'. Vivian Evora, Michael Thompson, Rose Carson and Isaac Winston. All heirs to massive fortunes of multimillion companies and brands. All overachievers and top of every class and club, including the social hierarchy. All with massive responsibilities and burdens and best of all, stories.

I wonder if they ever had to really work for these results or have it handed to them on silver platters. I also wondered why they added me so willingly.

While the sarcasm stands and they weren't exactly daisies to me, they let me in to their group. My trust issues spiked up, but I preferred to delay the questions and use the distraction. They could be of use to me anyway. What with royal treatment and what not.

I got back home and knew instantly they were back. The air was thick of anticipation and smelled of my father's cologne. I prayed to whatever god was up there that Belinda wasn't here. The maid then said my father wanted to see me right away.

I walked up to his office and turned the door, refusing to knock. It's his office, what else should he be doing in there? Kissing the life out of Belinda the blonde bitch?

It was quiet as he made no comment or greeting. "Nice to see you back from a trip I didn't even know you'd be making."

My father was mad. So I took a seat on the chair across him as he leaned on his elbows. His eyes were dark and angry, narrowed down with purpose.

"Well?"

My cool bored voice angered him. "Camille, this isn't some game! You can't keep doing these things and getting into trouble. I know you feel the need to do these things because you're crying for attention but...I'm here if you want to talk to me. You don't need to go through detention to do so!

"I will always be sorry for what I did to your mom. But we were never working out. We were always arguing, her judgemental comments and the pushing and pushing...she was relentless. Only when I showed her we were okay financially she became quiet. But Belinda was the one who did that. Kept us afloat until the profits came in again thanks to her marketing team. She was the one who-"