Chapter 13

The rest of the week continues with me avoiding Belinda at all costs

The rest of the week continues with me avoiding Belinda at all costs. I don't bother finding out how she fixed her case, hoping it dragged her name in mud. I only sat for three dinners before her silent discreet glares and smirks got the better of me. My father tried to persuade me to come eat with them but the minute he said the word 'family' he blew any chances of luring me out. If my door had been open, I would have slammed it across his face for sure, no doubt.

School was becoming something else. I turned in my essay and Mr George was impressed by it, so much he gave me another one to gain extra credit so I get back my A for his grade average to rise. He had managed to get all my other teachers to do the same. But it probably surprised him when he found out I hadn't been even trying to flunk on Business and Economics. Either way my work had piled up. And I had to do it if I wanted to avoid the extended in-school suspension or...summer school.

Ugh.

As for Michael, on Tuesday I slapped down a coffee from Dean's, the exact same he had been drinking that day he showed me the video. He had looked up to see my neutral face before I sat down and avoided talking to him.

I don't know if anyone noticed the cool indifference with which I talked to Michael, but if they spotted a change, no one bothered commenting. Rose looked all the more happy that I wasn't talking as much and that Katrina seemed not to be coming back.

Vivian, on the other hand, was extra cheery thanks to the whole situation with Belinda helping her mother's company. And she was being extra nice to me, constantly badgering me. I guess she feels the guilt now.

The minute she had said I had done her a massive favour and Michael gave me a look, I had connected the pieces faster than Sherlock Holmes would have.

Vivian in all her excitement forgot to cover her leaks. The mask slips at some point, doesn't it? And so her face revealed everything her words didn't pinpoint.

I drop the book I was reading on to the table when Vivian gets closer. She had drinks in one hand and hopefully a box of cupcakes in the other. It was a quite a site, to see her carry everything without a infatuated boy or a star-struck in-awe student helping her. I honestly thought the teen model would have her own assistant. She places everything down, sliding me the box and I sigh when I open it and see fresh red velvet cupcakes inside.

"Vivian, you can stop with the guilt stricken need to bathe me in presents."

"Quid, what?"

We were going over our Latin lessons quizzing each other and trying to hold a conversation so we were prepared for the Latin exam next week. But the strangely fascinating language was spoken decades ago and was currently dying. And it didn't have enough words to begin describing what I was about to reveal.

It had been 3 days since Michael revealed he basically made me do Vivian a favour and cowered behind me so Belinda could easily blame me. Belinda would never trace the video's original holder if I revealed I was the one to use it, to post it.