twelfth

chapter twelve.

The boys decided to leave you to the middle aged woman you'd never forget who left a deep sentence at you. But this time, she was weirded out since you are quiet and uneasy.

"You seemed troubled," She spoke to break the silence between the both of you. "What's bothering you?"

"Ahjumma,"

"I'm not an Ahjumma! Call me atleast Miss." She chuckled. "Miss A would be cool, that's what they call me here."

You sighed since you have no times to things like this before clearing your throat. "Alright Miss A, I was just wondering.. would you sell off your own child or atleast relative for money since you know it wont get hurt?"

"What?" Her eyes widened while looking at you. "What are you thinking stuffs? Really?"

You laid your back in the couch. Honestly, you have no idea what kind of thoughts are surrounding you. After hearing that name, you suddenly thought of your father. You wanted to get rid of that thought but your instincts keep knocking on you and you hated it.

"You can tell me what happened, I will listen." Miss A suggested. She was taken aback when you suddenly speak and how you could open up that easy.

"This is what happened! I think I heard my relatives name involved in all this mafia thing," You frowned. After hearing it, Miss A understood why you told her that. It was mafia related - as expected. "It was my uncle's name. I heard it clear.. Yang On. Then when I try to ask about the boys- they keep pushing other topic! Even force me to eat what D.O. laid on my plate."

Miss A nodded a little before thinking of a solution. "Hmm.. we're not sure if that's your uncle? I mean, there are a lot people in mafia that have the same name." You gave her an unsure look before she grinned. "I'm sure about it. For examples are Jinyoung, Jimin and Minseok. Sometimes it could also have the same last name, so don't overthink about your uncle, don't worry."

"Is that so?" Miss A smiled before nodding. "I don't know why. My instincts kept me away from eating telling me over and over again. What's worst is that it tells me about my fa.." You stopped yourself from speaking before, debating wether to tell her or not.

"I'm sure it's none of your relative. Seeing you grow up to be a healthy and beautiful lady, your parents probably took great care of you." You internally scoffed on what she said.

This is self care and friends care, not parent care. You thought.

"But I can't blame you thinking that way. Since as a mother, I have done it." Miss A smiled blankly before looking away.

Your brows raised, suddenly curious yet cautious about her. "You.. have a child? You have done what?"

Miss A sighed before patting your shoulder. "I'm not sure if I need to tell you this, but I will still tell you because it will probably help your situation."

You patted her hand. "You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable-"

"It's okay." Miss A took a moment before speaking. "I had a son, but I gave him away to the other mafia company knowing he'll have a brighter future, without me."

"Why would you think about that? You seem like a good mother."

"There's a really really long list and story of my past, I just told you this because.." Miss A held both of your hands and smiled. "If ever you're parents did something bad, please remember they have reasons. But as I can see you, you deserve the best and all the love."

You smiled at her, wishing that was what your parents thoughts as well.

Wishing they are making ways to save their only daughter, but that's rarely possible for you.