fortieth

chapter fourty.

"Baekhyun was shot and as for Y/N.." Suho held his forehead in stress. "She's drugged."

"WHAT?!" Everyone exclaimed. They were all waiting at the lobby as Taeyong asked about what happened. Even EXO didn't know about your condition except the leader.

"H-How are we gonna clean her wounds then? She will be freaking out with every touch." Kai worriedly asked.

Suho sighed while gesturing one of his people to get him a water. "I already asked the doctors to treat her now before she wakes up."

"But they won't be able to treat her wounds cleanly." D.O. furrowed his brows.

"No, it's okay, rather than a possible permanent mental breakdown." Xiumin spoke which caught everyone's attention. "My father used to inject it to his people and if you had a longer time sleeping with the drug inside you, it will affect you in a worse way."

"So we're competing about which one we should heal first? Her mental or physical?" Chen was still panting from what was happening.

"It's okay, she won't do any harm with the drug since she only got injected once." Xiumin reassured everyone. "She'll be more clingy and all be tensed but I guess we can handle her. The doctors may not be able to clean her wounds when she's conscious but they can do first aid treatments."

"And as for Baekhyun?" Kai asked.

Lay put his hands on his hips. "He's being treated right now. That woman was far away so the bullet didn't hit too deep."

They gave each other the silence they all deserve after the fight. It's already dawn after all that happened today. Taeyong decided to get back to work and made sure that there were no longer bombs around the place. Miss A was giving them tea to calm them down but none of them was sipping on it except from Sehun and Tao.

"Don't touch me!"

Your voice echoed in the place. Sehun and Tao who was in sync drinking their tea choked hearing your voice.

"It must be her." D.O. quickly stood up and went to meet you. As soon as he stepped outside, your whole body fell in his arms. Despite what happened earlier, D.O.'s grip remained strong before carrying you in his arms. You remained quiet while staring at D.O. who was taking you inside where they all stay. "Are you sure about the drug effects, Minseok?"

Xiumin smirked as he stood up and petted your hair. "Why? Don't you trust me?"

D.O. shrugged. "I mean.. she looks norma--"

You poked D.O.'s lips making him furiously look at you. "Ooh! Is this a jelly? Why is it so soft?" You grinned before pinching it softly. "Will it tear down?"

"I think she's starting." Kris slowly stood up.

D.O. suddenly released a loud groan when you twisted his lips. Everyone's eyes widen in surprise when you started playing with his face. Xiumin was the only one who was grinning on the incident while trying to calm you.

"A jelly speaks?" You flicked his nose making D.O. shut his eyes. Suho immediately snatched you from D.O. who looked like he could kill. You flinched on Suho's touch before turning around. You released a yell as you back away from him. "A mosquito! A big one!"

"Mosqui.." Suho trailed off while pointing at you.

Sehun, Chen, Chanyeol and Tao laughed the loudest while Xiumin quietly grinned in the corner. If Baekhyun didn't get shot, he'll probably be one of those who are laughing loud right now.

"Yah!" Suho sighed tiredly. "You didn't call me--"

You turn around to run just to be met by Lay who was smiling at you. You tilted your head at him before touching his hair. "Are you a sheep? Or a cloud?"