0.9

"Don't do stupid things, alright?" Nathaniel said when he stopped the car in front of the school of Amelie the next day.

Amelie looked at him. "I won't promise anything," she weakly smiled and opened the door. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me, Mil," he smiled. "I will see you soon."

She nodded and stepped out of the car. Yup, she was at her school again. A place she wished she never had to visit ever again. Amelie closed the door behind her and walked towards the entrance of the school. Her eyes fell on Mabel, who was waiting for her at the entrance. In contrast to Amelie, was Mabel looking good.

"Woman, you look like the dead," Mabel said to Amelie when they entered the school. "Who dropped you off?"

"Nathaniel," Amelie muttered. "Did I tell you what happened yesterday?" Mabel slowly shook her head. "I had a chat with Jude with my parents. Do you know who showed up as my parent? Nathaniel. He was sent to play my father while my parents couldn't be here. My own fucking brother was forced to play my father, do you know how ridiculous that is?" They walked on the stairs. "And let's not forget school makes me leave Sky, because I have to be here every Friday. And I can't be at a race on a Thursday, fly back to England for a school day on Friday, and be back before Saturday. That is just too expensive for Sky and too much for me. So guess who needs to find a new internship? All because those wankers are wankers."

Mabel parted her lips and frowned, I missed a lot in those twenty-four hours. "Your parents did that? What the fuck."

"Another reason why they can stay the hell away from me."

"And the school? It is this bad, Jesus Christ." Mabel sighed. "I'm so sorry for you, Mil. I...I wish I could help."

Amelie showed a weak smile. "Thank you, but it's not necessary," she said, and they entered the class of Jude. "I'm just gonna go to Jude, give me a moment," she softly said, placed her bag on the table and walked to Jude in front of the class.

"Ah, good morning Amelie," Jude said and gave her a warm smile. He wasn't mad? "How are you?"

She avoided his eyes and played with her fingers. "I...er...morning," she stammered. "I'm fine, but I wanted to apologise for my behaviour yesterday. And I wanted to do it in the break, but I had to do it know." Amelie was short of breath after saying this. "Otherwise, I would feel guilty for the whole lesson and I just...I don't know what I was doing."

"I have to be honest with you, Amelie, I was impressed," Jude replied and nodded. He saw a confused look on Amelie's face. "You stand up for yourself, something I have never seen before. You crawled out of your safe shell. Yes, it maybe was impropriating, but you showed your growth from the past few years. No need to apologise, I would do the same if I were you."

She shook her head. "I shouldn't have said all those things, I respect the decision."

"Don't respect the decision because that is what we expect you to do. We will talk about this after school, alright? Thank you for your apology, Amelie," he said, and he padded her shoulder. "I know you're going through a difficult time."

Amelie nodded and pressed her lips into a thin line. She turned around and saw the three snakes looking at her with a raised eyebrow. They were already judging things without even knowing what was actually going on. Amelie ignored them and walked to Mabel, who was looking at her with a questionable look on her face.

"And?"

"Things are fine, but it is just bothering me. I went nuts, like crazy on Jude and Penelope. I just...I am a complete mess," Amelie told Mabel and rubbed with both of her hands over her face. "Chances are big I won't make it this year. It's just a complete mess."