3.3

Amelie looked at the last message Lando and send her, and she looked around her. She was standing outside of her hotel in a place not many people were, but Lando was nowhere to be found. It was quite a miracle Amelie left her bed and her room. She had a lack of energy, but the things I am doing for a boy...

-

Lando 19:03
I'm here

Amelie 19:07
I'm standing outside and I can't see you?

-

"Then I'm doing a great job on hiding my personality," Lando said when he stood next to her. A shock went through Amelie's body, and she turned towards him. "Hey," he smiled.

"Jeez, you scared me to death," she said and turned towards him.

He smirked and gave her a hug. "How are you?" His eyes were scanning her face when he pulled back. Amelie still looked tired, but she looked better. A small smile played on his lips.

"I'm okay," she breathed and nodded. "You?" They started to walk towards the boulevard.

"Good... It was a good day. Practice P8 and qualification P8," he answered. "Have you already eaten or not?" Amelie shook her head. "In for takeaway?"

"Yeah, sounds good. But something simple, I not really hungry."

"Of course," he widely smiled. "I don't want to bring it up, but when I asked the reception for the key to your room, the lady mentioned your last name. As in Amelie Deacon-Heisenberg. Are...is that your full last name?"

Amelie looked down and ran her hand through her hair. "That is my full last name," she answered softly.

"So you belong to the family Deacon-Heisenberg, as in the family who owns a large part of F1 and the national bank D&DB?"

"Yup. William and Margaret are my grandparents, and Nathaniel is my father," she emotionlessly asked.

Lando stopped walking and put his arm on Amelie's arm."You serious?" His jaw dropped.

"Unfortunately, yes. And the reason why I go through life just as Amelie Deacon is to prevent those kinds of reactions, and assumptions people will make, and because I hate that family," she fake smiled and continued walking.

"I'm sorry," he apologised and followed her. "I didn't make the connection yesterday."

The walk towards the boulevard was in silence. Amelie didn't feel the need to share anything, and Lando went along with it. They found a place with street food. Amelie ordered a vegan burger and Lando a wrap with chicken and other healthy stuff. Amelie decided to order it and pick it up since the place was filled with a lot of people and probably a lot of F1 fans.

"There was only one cold water bottle left, so I thought we could share it," Amelie said when she walked to the bench, Lando was sitting on. She put the bottle of water on the bench and Lando his dish to him.

He took his plate and smiled. "Thanks. And it's fine."

Amelie sat down next to him, sideways on the bench. She placed her paper plate on the bank and looked at it. "It looks too good to eat."

"It is delicious," he mumbled with his mouth full of food. Their eyes locked, and they both laughed. "But what have you done today?" He changed his attitude toward severe and caring.

"Nothing much," she answered and took a bite from the burger. "It's good, by the way," she nodded with her mouth full. "Juniper forced me to work because my excuse was bullshit to her. So I have been writing articles, well, Mabel helped me with it."