3.1

B I R T H D A Y W E E K :
EVERY DAY UPLOAD DAY
WEEK🥳

Lando silently closed the door behind him and was searching for the light switch for the bathroom. He could face an empty room, the wrong room, or a room with Amelie in it. When he found the light, the room lightened a bit up. Lando's eyes glided over the room. He relieved the breath he didn't even know he was holding in. The room was filled with Amelie's stuff, and he saw someone laying in bed. He was walking towards the bed and looked at the girl in the bed.

The white blanket was wrapped around her body. She was holding a stuffed animal against her chest like she must protect it at all cost. Lando looked closer, and he saw it was Piglet from Winnie The Pooh. A small relieved smile curved on his lips, she wasn't gone. He sat on the edge of the bed next to her. His hand reached towards Amelie's face. He gently stroked a piece of her out of her face and followed the curved of her face. Amelie looked so peaceful and adorable, like nothing was wrong. It still was a mystery why Amelie was here, asleep.

Amelie opened her eyes when she felt someone stroking her cheek. She blinked a few times and looked at the person who was sitting next to her. Tears filled her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Mil..."

"You can't be here," she stammered. "What if they-"

Lando shook his head. "Hey, calm down," he whispered. "It's fine. Don't worry about that."

She sat up, accidentally kicking her stuffed animal on the ground, and leaned towards him, opening her arms. Lando wrapped his arms around Amelie's waist and pressed her against his body. Amelie bit on her lip to hold back the tears, but it wasn't a success. The first tears left her eyes. "I don't want to lose you."

Lando tightened the grip around her and stroked her back. "You will not lose me, Amelie. I promise."

Sobs and sniffs filled the room. That was the moment Lando knew this was more than the situation of yesterday. Amelie broke, she couldn't keep it together anymore. She was lost. Lando couldn't help it, but his eyes wetted. He swallowed hard and tightened his jaw.

"Who did this to you?" Lando pushed Amelie away from him so he could look in her eyes. He switched on a light and looked deeply in her eyes. "Who fucked you up so bad, emotionally and mentally, that you've completely shut down anyone who tries to help you? You refuse to open up and let someone love or care about you. You push everyone away. Who fucking did that to you?"

The mask slowly disappeared from Amelie's face. Lando could see the broken Amelie, the one she had been hiding for a long time. Amelie knew she was caught, she couldn't hide it anymore. Her lips parted, and she blinked so the tears could leave her eyes.

"Mil, everybody at the track is freaking out because they can't reach you. They are about to report you as missing because you have been away for over 24 hours," Lando worriedly said.

"I...I have sent them a message, but my phone ran out of power when it was about to send, and I got so frustrated that I didn't put to on the charger. I'm sorry," she whispered and looked away. "I have been sleeping all the time, nothing else."

He shook his head. "Don't apologise." He dried her cheeks. "What's going on, Mil? You know you can tell me what's on your mind."

She nodded and pressed her lips on each other. For the longest time, she tried to act like nothing was going on, but it became too much. There was too much on her mind to stay strong, there were too many factors to collapse. "I..." Amelie was trying to find the right words. "He..."

Lando felt his anger coming up, but he pushed it away. Did someone hurt her? He couldn't jump into conclusions, but he was thinking of so many things. "It's okay, take your time," he softly said.