3.7

After a trip to the supermarket, Lando and Amelie decided to take a swim in the pool in the backyard. Amelie changed to a blue and white striped bikini. She looked at herself in the mirror. She accepted her body, she loved her body, but something in her was doubting. She wasn't the skinniest, her body had some curves, under her clothes it wasn't noticeable, but now it was exposed. What if Lando thinks I'm ugly? She sighed, she was happy with her body but now... doubts were everywhere. Every partner of the drivers was like skinny, Victoria Secret skinny, and beautiful. I know I'm not the girlfriend of Lando, but his opinion matters to me. Amelie shook the doubts out of her head and put on a shirt. Screw it, it's my body, and I love it.

"Nate?" Amelie softly asked when she entered the living room. She was playing with her fingers.

Nathaniel looked up from his laptop and stopped typing. "Yes, Mil?"

"I...erm...can I stay for another week?" She looked away. "It's okay if you don't want it, but I have to be at the next GP next week in France and William and Margaret are in England, staying at the house, and I am not ready to face them yet," she stammered.

"Of course! Of course. You are more than welcome to stay," he said, and his face lit up, happy to accept the offer. "You can stay as long as you want."

A smile curved on her lips. "Thanks." It stayed silent for a while, so she decided to leave. She walked outside and saw Lando sitting on a bed, he was scrolling through his social media. "Hey, hey."

Lando looked up, and a smile grew on his face. "Hey," he said and got up.

She threw a towel on the bed and took off the shirt. The sun was burning on her skin, but it felt good. She could feel Lando's eyes burning on her body, but she ignored it but putting her hair in a bun. She stepped towards the pool and looked at it, it was quite a large pool.

Lando stepped next to her, putting his hands on his hips. "The water is cold, like freezing," he amusingly said.

Amelie nodded, acting like she was impressed. "Good for you." She looked sideways at him and got a playful smile on her face. Just when she reached for his wrist, he was faster and grabbed her hands. "No! That's unfair!" On that moment she knew she already was the loser.

A giggle rolled over his lips. "Fight me," he teasingly said.

She tried to fight against him on the edge of the pool, and surprisingly enough she could handle his strength. But she looked straight in his eyes, making Amelie giggle and she lost her concentration and strength. Lando took his chance and pushed Amelie in the water. The air was squeezed out of her lungs, and she held in her breath as soon she hit the water.

The water was cold, much colder than expected. Amelie came above water. "You little piece of shit," she emotionally said, and the goosebumps spread out over her body.

Lando laughed and looked at Amelie. "It is cold, isn't it?"

"Fuck off," she sneered, and a chill rilling rolled over her spine.

"Fawk awf," he imitated her and jumped next to her in water. "Okay, okay, this is cold," he complained when he came above water with his head.

"No, it is warm," she sarcastically said and rolled her eyes.

They swam around for a bit, talking about the current F1 season. The water felt nice now, now they were used to the cold temperature. The warmth of the sun made it feel more pleasant.

"Can you do a somersault underwater?" Lando curiously asked and did a somersault.

"Of course, I can. Watch me," Amelie beloved said and did a somersault. "Oh, god, I forgot about the nose area and water don't go together," she said and coughed. "Nose full of water."

Lando laughed. "Wait until you do this ten times, showing off your skills and beat the records of your friends as a kid."

She nodded and laughed. "I don't understand how I did this ten times, back in the days." The water in her nose didn't feel pleasant, rather itchy and uncomfortable. "And backwards, but that is like less horrible for the nose."

They both tried to do handstands and handstands wraps. It was funny to see how they both still had it in them. They were like little kids again. It was funny they shared the same memories from their childhood, good memories came up. Peals of laughter were shared, and more clumsy tricks were shown and copied.

There was a moment they stood in front of each other - close to the stairs so they could stand in the pool. How further away from the stairs in the pool, how deeper it got. And since they both weren't very tall people, they had to stand close to the stairs. Amelie and Lando gazed in each other eyes. Every time Amelie looked in Lando's eyes, it seemed like his eye colour had changed. Sometimes they look greenish, or then grey with blue, or even dark coloured, or a mixture. But one thing Amelie knew for sure that they were beautiful, she could watch them for hours and still not get bored of it. Lando always thought the colour of Amelie's eyes was special; they were light, green greyish, unique.

He leaned in and kissed her. Without warning, without permission. Without even deciding on doing it, but simply because he couldn't have done anything else in this situation. It happened. Lando had been waiting on doing this for a long time now, but every time something was holding him back. And he understood if she rejected him, this was probably the last thing she expected due to the circumstances she was having now.

It was a shock to Amelie, she didn't expect this, but it felt good. Lando pulled back and looked at her, he couldn't read her face, there wasn't any expression on it at first. His heart was beating in this throat, did I just ruin our friendship? If he drowned now, he wouldn't mind, because this was getting awkward. How stupid could he be?

Amelie closed the gap between her and Lando and wrapped her arms around his neck. She wasn't afraid of anything. She kissed him, and the world around them fell away. This was the right conformation Lando was hoping for, it wasn't only him who felt like this. They both smiled, but remained their lips sealed. Lando wrapped his arms around Amelie's waist. The kiss was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. Amelie pulled him slightly closer, and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

"Guys, di...ow."

The kiss broke, and they stepped away from each other. Lando kept looking at Amelie while Amelie was looking at Jackie, who stood in the door opening of the house. Heat rose to Amelie's cheeks, she would like to drown now too.

"Dinner is ready," Jackie finished her sentence and pressed her upcoming smile into a thin line. "The table is set on the right side outside of the house," she mentioned.

Amelie awkwardly nodded. "Yup, okay, we...give us a sec," she said and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Of course," Jackie said and disappeared back into the house.

Lando let out his breath and giggled.

"That is Jackie, my almost step mum," Amelie mentioned and looked painfully. "God, awkward." She put both of her hands on her cheeks and felt how hot they were. Her eyes were focussed on the house, avoiding Lando's look. Not because she regretted the kiss, not at all, but more like of this awkward moment.

He placed his hand over her hands and kissed her once again before leaving the swimming pool. It was adorable to see how shy Amelie became. He grabbed the towels and gave one to Amelie when she stood next to him. Their eyes met again. It wasn't like Lando wasn't shy or embarrassed, but it was not as much as Amelie. "Adorable," he mumbled and smiled.