5.6

Seeing the McLaren liveries of the years, was amazing. The winning cars of Fittipaldi, Hunt, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Häkkinen and Hamilton were special, but all the other vehicles from the other years were terrific as well. And the 'road' cars, Amelie wouldn't precisely name them road cars since they still had a lot of speed and it just wasn't road cars to her, also cool to see. And seeing the other departments...what McLaren has built over the years, it impressed Amelie every time.

"You always see McLaren on the grid, but once you get to the HQ and see the number of people who are working behind the screens...blown away. I keep forgetting that an F1 team isn't just a principal, two drivers and two engineers, because those are the people who you see on screen," Amelie said to Helen when they were walking around. "But I know it because I'm often on the grid and Lando tells a lot, but I keep forgetting it. Do you know what I mean?"

Helen laughed and nodded. "I get it, I think a lot of people underestimate it." She opened the door. "Anyway, this is where the magic happens; the brains behind everything." The space was filled with desks, a lot of computers and working severe people. "Not everybody is here, a few of them are in a meeting, others working in the sim."

Amelie nodded and looked around. "It looks so cool, everything looks cool here."

"You have seen the factory already, right?" Helen asked. Amelie nodded. "Alright, then we don't have to go there. It isn't that much fun since everything is already on its way to the track."

"How come you are giving me this tour?"

"I had some free time."

Amelie smirked. "Free time in a race week, what a luxury."

"Sometimes you gotta make free time," Helen chuckled. "It's busy now, but I needed a break, and I haven't been to some places in a while, so why not giving a small tour? And why are you here? Don't you have to work?"

"That's true," Amelie nodded and made a fresh bun in her hair. "I'm not working this weekend, and I have two weeks off. I had lunch with Juniper in London this afternoon, and I'm spending the evening at Lando's, and he was like: I'm finished in ten, just go to the office, and we will go home. But here I am, an hour later."

"Lando being Lando."

"I have nothing better to do, so if McLaren doesn't mind I'm here waiting for him, it's all fine to me."

Helen led Amelie to a new area. "It makes things easier now you don't have that contact ban anymore, not that we did anything with it, but the administration is easier."

"It was so stupid, I don't know what they were trying to accomplish with it. I mean, it only gave them more trouble, not me." Amelie looked around. "And if they thought I would stop seeing Lando, they were wrong."

Helen nodded. "It's not like you are the trending on Twitter. They have spotted you once together, in the beginning." She looked around. "Anyway, this is the area with all the meeting spaces, also the last thing on the tour. And the famous hall you see on launches," she said and opened a door. Helen entered the hall, but then saw people having a meeting in it. "Oh, no, they're busy," she whispered to Amelie. "I will show it to you later."

When she and Amelie turned around to leave again, they were being stopped. "Is that Amelie? Amelie!"

Amelie's eyebrows rose, and she looked around the corner to see the team. "Yes?" Her eyes glided over the people; it seemed like this was the meeting about the schedule for the upcoming week.

"Do you happen to know at what time the interview with Sky is on Thursday?" Charlotte looked hopeful at her.

"No?" Amelie looked questionably at her. "I haven't checked my email in two weeks, and I don't know the schedule, but I heard Juniper say it will we around noon, but don't rely on me."