4.3

Lando  13:00
I'm taking you to the barbecue tonight, the one I told you about. And I loved our interview, we should do it more often. I hope I didn't cause any more trouble ;) xx

Amelie  13:03
Hahaha no, Peter was like 'you cannot involve Lando blah blah blah' and Ted was like 'but without Lando the interview wouldn't be fun because we saw Nathaniel opening up and laughing. And this is the best content'. Nothing's happened yet. And at yours?

Lando  13:03
Nothing. They had to act like it was a problem, but when we were at the garage they were saying it's fine and hopefully there won't be another trial

Lando  13:04
But will you be at the barbecue???

Amelie  13:04
I've the Spanish exams tomorrow. But I can't study for it. I will just reschedule my flight

Lando  13:04
No, your exams are way more important

Amelie  13:06
I can't study for it. I have been following (stalking?🤨) the Spanish media all morning to just listen and I understood almost all from it. And the exams are in the late afternoon, don't worry :))

Lando  13:06
Yess!!! I will send you the details later. This will be fun xxxxxxxxx

Amelie  13:06
🤩

Lando 18:23
You can walk around the house, we are in the backyard. Also, if you see a supermarket on your way to us, can you get marshmallows and tomatoes and hamburgers

Lando  18:24
And vegan dishes

Lando  18:27
And wine or champagne, doesn't matter what kind of type

-

That was how the plans for the barbecue started. Lando had invited Amelie to the driver's dinner and wags of 2019, right after the French GP. Although Amelie doubted at first, because she wasn't in the position to call herself a partner, and she was a current reporter on the grid. But Lando had been talking about this for about two weeks, and he was excited, and he wanted her to be there. So if it wasn't for herself, it would be for Lando.

Just like Amelie did, she went to the supermarket and got everything off the list Lando had sent her. The personal shopper: Amelie. The entrance of the property was filled with expensive company cars, so this had to be the right address. She entered the property and walked towards the backyard. Music and talkings were filling her ears, just like the smell of the barbecue filled her nose. She walked around the corner and faced a lot of people. They were all sitting around a very long table. Small lights were hanging over the table, it looked cosy. The table was covered with tableware, small accessories, and candles. The table had an invisible line: the youngsters and jokers, and the older people and serious ones. Well, Daniel belonged to the older generation of drivers, but he sat between the youngsters.

"Amelie!" Alex yelled happily when he saw a young adult walking towards the table.

The conversations stopped, and everyone looked at Amelie. At least thirty pair of eyes looked at her. Nice. She showed the classic, friendly awkward smile: a thin-lipped one.

"You made it," Lando said, and a broad smile grew on his face. He got up from his stool and walked towards Amelie.

"The delivery service," Amelie said playfully and smiled.