3

It was finally 5th period and I have art during this class period. I wasn't showing any type of emotion as I was walking to the class, but when I saw Mrs. Malik, I smiled at her and she saw me. She smiled back at me and when I was at her door, she shook my hand. "How are you Mr. Styles?" She asked and I sighed. "Trying to make it through the day, but..." I looked down and she just hummed. "Well I'm happy that you were able to make it to my class. Today is a free day, so paint whatever you would like," she told me and I smiled at her.

"Anything?" I asked and she nodded. "If it makes you better, then you can listen to your music and paint whatever you think you want to paint," she said and gave me a small hug before I went in with a small smile on my face. I walked to where my spot in the room was and I placed my bag on the ground. I waited for class to begin before putting my earbuds in. I saw students walk in and they saw me and they didn't fret since they knew that I was decent when it comes to mood in this room.

The bell did eventually ring, and with Mrs. Malik allowing one student to run in, she closed the door and smiled at her class. "Welcom to another day of art everyong," she said as she was walking to her desk. "I will take attendance and tell you things that you need to know for the rest of the week before I let you guys paint."

"What as re we painting today Ms?" A kid asked. "Today is a free day actually. I want you guys to paint whatever you like. Wheather it's from the heart, mind, or if it's random. Now let me just count heads and see who's here and who isnt," she said.

She counted heads and noted that everyone is present. She then looked at everyone and gave them a soft smile. "Alright as you guys know I am 7 months into my pregnancy. I am going to have to step away from teaching for a bit, but that day isn't anytime soon. However, I do have a check up tomorrow," she told us.

"I will be gone all day, so you will have a sub. Tomorrow you will be taking a test. It is about famous painters, so if you took really good notes on that, then you should be okay," she then said and I froze. That means that I can't come after school and spend as much time as I would like..."If you want to stay after school, then I wrote to the sub to let you guys stay, but don't take advantage of that," she warned.

She looked over at me and I smiled at her. She knows me so well. "She will leave the class opened until 4:30pm, so if you want to stay after, then you need to spend that time wisely," she told the class before going on with the objective. "Alright, like I said before, today is a free day. You are allowed to listen to your music, but if you don't want to, then I will be playing some music quietly for you to paint to. Have fun everyone," she said.

I put my earbuds into my war before I started things with a sketch. She already knows that I'm going to want to stay after school today, so I really didn't need to ask. I picked our my phone and went on Pandora. I clicked on 'NF Radio'and put my phone to the side as I continued with the sketch. You always need to sketch before you start to paint so that you have a genuine idea of what you want the painting to look like. This sketch alone was going to take the entire class period, but I highly dont care about that.

Mrs. Malik occasionally stood up to walk around. She looked at the students artwork and critiqued them a little and gave them a few pointers that they should do. She never went to me though. The only thing that she did was ask, "How is it going Mr. Styles?" I gave her a thumbs up as I was just too focused on my work.

I bite my bottom lip whenever I'm concentrating on something and if people liked me, then they would've called me cute, but I'm kind of glad that no one did. Because it would kind of throw me off because I would fluster a little. Only a little, and I can't have that when I'm trying to get this at least sketched out.

I changed my pencil and hummed to the music going through my ears. I always like listening to NF when I'm doing artwork. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. I just love his music and I always vibe with it.