SONG THAT YOU SANG

"You have been gone for few days." Niall commented to Harry the second he entered the living room.

"I guess so." Harry mumbled and walked over to the love seat; he sat down and took his MacBook out of his backpack and opened it.

"That's it?" Niall asked in disbelieve.

"That's it." Harry merely stated the fact.

"You are an unbelievable jackass, has anybody told you that before?" Niall threw his phone at the end of massive couch and turned his head away from Harry.

"Quite few people actually." Harry said matter-o-factly.

"And it doesn't bother you?" Niall said angrily.

"If you keep up with the questions then you own me dinner." Harry said under his nose; not once looking up at Niall.

"Who cares." Niall mumbled to himself.

They sat in a silence; only sound present was that of Harry typing on his laptop. Niall huffed and puffed; but nothing made Harry acknowledged him.

"I want to ask you a question." Niall finally said. "Not a personal or whatever. But a professional."

At this, Harry finally looked up at Niall; his posture straightened as he put his computer on the small coffee table in front of him.

"If we can't even really speak, because of the contract. How are we supposed to do this?" Niall asked. "You don't want to lie to the judge, but when we have to tell her if we tried to have a marriage and it failed; it will be lying, because we didn't try."

"I see your concern. But we do try; we spend time together and if there is no interest between us other then talking about our secrets and stuff like that; then there ought to be no marriage." Harry looked Niall dead in the eye. "I believe that a happy couple could find to do a lot of things that are allowed between those few points of contract."

Niall smiled; he smiled so wide that it confused Harry. Niall got up and went over to the piano in the far corner of the room; Harry watched every step that Niall took; he couldn't look away; something about his smirk and confidence fascinated Harry.

Niall sat down and started to play an unknown song to Harry; the sound floated through the room beautifully; without thinking, Harry got up and walked over to Niall; he sat next to Niall on the wide stool and watched intensely as Niall's fingers danced on the keys of the piano. So long and strong; beautiful.

"Like the rain on a sunny day
There's a shadow behind your face"

Niall didn't think about what he's singing; he just sang what he felt; he tended to do that. Songs that he sometimes played, were a mystery to himself.

"Tell me what you're running from
I don't know what made you so afraid
Don't you know you got the best of me?
Yeah, you're everything I want"

Harry's body leaned a bit closer to Niall; he listened to the words and felt drawn to Niall; he couldn't explain why, but he felt safe.

"Anyone can see
Anyone can see
Your heartache, heartache (heartache, heartache)
You can talk to me
It's more than skin deep
But I'm trying, yeah (trying)"

Harry took a shaky breath as he turned his head sideways and watched Niall's face closely; his eyes were barely open; just so he can see what keys he is pressing; his lips moved so effortlessly; they looked pretty.

"Since we're alone
Yeah, you can show me your heart
If you put it all in my hand
No, I swear
No, I won't break it apart"