WHILE YOU SLEPT

When Niall finally returned from airport; it was already pretty late. He payed the taxi driver and looked at the massive mansion in which he was staying; every window was tainted black and there were no cars in front of it. Figures; Harry was so drunk that he must have arrived with a taxi or was driven here by someone.

With quite steps; Niall walked inside the mansion. Everything looked so eerie; once again he felt as if he is in a museum. This didn't feel like a home.

He walked through rooms and didn't find Harry; when he was ready to give up; he heard light snores coming from the study. When he walked in; he found Harry sleeping on a couch; in front of a lit fire place. He wanted to put down the fire; but he was stuck admiring the way that Harry looked while he slept; he seemed so small and vulnerable.

A quick thought ran through Niall's mind and he quickly ran to his bedroom to take the paper that Mr Malik had given him. One of the points asked to describe your partner while he slept; and this was a golden opportunity for Niall; he could show that he actually tried for all of this.

With a shaky breath; Niall sat down on the floor; as close to Harry as he could. He wanted to properly see his face.

10) What does your partner look like when he sleeps?

He looks peaceful. Yeah, that would be the best way to describe him in this moment. His face is very relaxed; I don't think that I have ever seen it so soft. I just want to stretch my fingers out and touch it; just to know that it's real.

He just scrunched his nose and smacked his lips; it looks like he is dreaming about something. It's weird; I can see his eyeballs moving frantically underneath his eyelids and I just want to know what's happening.

He looked distraught so I caressed his cheek; he leaned into my palm and smiled. It stopped. His eyelids stopped moving around and he continued smiling against my palm. I feel quite happy with myself. Maybe I am a dream whisperer.

Over all. He looks nice when he sleeps. I like him like this better. But, but... Never-mind.

Niall felt his heart racing as he finished writing; he felt so bad, because he withhold so many things that he wanted to write. But he couldn't write it; because putting it on the paper would be admitting something; something that he didn't want to be real.

But if somebody looked inside of his head right now; they would know that to his eyes; a sleeping Harry was much more then just peaceful; he looked like home. Niall wanted to curl up to him and sleep; he wanted to hug him and never let go of him; he wanted to wake him up and tell him that he had never seen anybody look so beautiful while they slept; he wanted to feel him.

But he couldn't, because this was not where he belonged. And this would not be something that Harry would want. He is only nice; when he is drunk. And it's not good enough for Niall; especially when he already has somebody; somebody that cares about him always; not just when it's suitable for him.

Niall sighed deeply and got up from his position in front of Harry; he went over to the fireplace and put it out; he reached over for a blanket that was neatly folded on one of the armchairs and went over to Harry; with a gentle motion he draped the blanket over the sleeping boy.

"You look like an angel when you sleep." Niall whispered underneath his nose and tiptoed to his room; he took all of his clothes off and went to have a long shower; he needed that. Just to wash all the worries away. Just 5 months and a tiny bit more and he will be back home.

~

When Harry woke up; his head was breaking in two. He couldn't remember what had happened; but he noticed that that was a habit of his; mix different types of alcohol and nothing; and I mean nothing will be left in Harry's memory.